• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sightmark wraith

Yes I just got back from hog hunting South Georgia with one I got 10 on the last night. It’s 4-32x50 so on a corn pile at 25 yards the hogs looked a lot closer than I thought. It’s digital night vision and pic on the screen looks great. It starts getting grainy when you use the zoom feature. Definitely allowed us to stay in the blind way after dark. I did bring and use an extra IR flashlight I got on amazon. The sleep function is nice and allows you to keep the scope powered on but the screen off. It will burn thru some batteries depending on temp. 4 double AA’s lasted roughly 4 hours and then I was at 1/2-1/3 battery left. That being said you can run a battery pack off of it to dramatically increase time. It has an SD slot you you can record your hunts as well, just no audio which is fine with me anyways bc it’s not needed IMHO. Sighting it in is super easy. Fire a shot at the target. Then move the reticle to the point of impact and your done. Fire a second shot to confirm. It was deadly accurate after that on my steel plates at 25m. It has memory so you can get it saved for 5 different weapons/loads. For less than $500 on sale definitely one of the best scopes out there if you wanting to stay out past dark. Hog/coyote hunting!!!! My second option that we are still going to buy that I think will be even better is the firefield NVRS gen 1 night vision scope. It’s cheaper and true night vision. They make my night vision monocular. So the batteries Will last a lot longer and it’s easier to bring it up on target without having to fire it back up bc it’s not digital!!! Let me know if you have any more questions

5FB56DE3-7247-44E3-9898-613E6E3AB16C.jpeg

A buddy invited me to go to GA in 2 weeks to try our hands at hog hunting. I was trying to look at regulations, areas, etc...
Seems like a lot of murky info.
Question is- are we allowed to hunt on a WMA? All I can see are regulations saying you can hunt on them during regular seasons with the weapons of the season. Also appears to be a special 2 week season, but I also see that there is no closed season for hogs.
Can someone please clear up the confusion?

CentralVASportsman CentralVASportsman Hog Hunting is open year round in GA. Our hunting land that we go too backs up to the river on the other side is the WMA we drove thru it to check it out when we were down there. there was a group of 12 in there from Michigan trying to bow hunt for hogs, during the day on foot but that's about as much as I know about it. idk what the hours or anything like that is might have to try and call for more info.

I do know Green Lakes Hunting and Fishing on facebook is the place to go (229)425-9725 fish during the day hunt at night, and we stay in the cabins. you end up spending as much as you would for a hotel only hunting is included so much fun

Back
Top Bottom