• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer Shop stamp-trust approved today 1 day shy 14 months with surprises.

GeorgiaShooter

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
Couple lessons learned. Now I learn at checkout there's an untaxed 100$ transfer fee. They are silencer shop partners with a kioske where I did everything at SSUSA in Alpharetta. But since I bought the item through Primary Arms they charge me 100 instead of 25. So with sales tax, shipping, the stamp, the unlimited trust and this transfer fee I have 375 bucks invested in a product I paid 400.00 for. I pay 775.00 dollars to own a 400$ product.

On another note I recently bought another item through Martin's in Alpharetta. He was way more knowledgeable and opened a portal and using my ATF site pin code everything was completed in literally minutes and I should have a cheaper transfer fee. The eforms should be sluggish but way quicker than this nightmare mail in.

The other twist was the stamp approval took so long I had already moved across town. I somehow managed to get a photo ID with the same address I was living at before. I was told this would be a catch but then the FFL dealer barely looked at the address. I think I could have used my latest address. Now I have to figure out how to fill out forms and update the residence with the ATF.

Sounds like these are all a cluster F no matter what. I have the original stamp in my safe. The color copy in my range bag and I had to manually update the Silencer Shop portal with the approved status. I like how you can upload your document to the site as a backup reference copy.

If you buy local use somebody like Martin for fewer surprises and more technical expertise.

The update to the ATF is a nothingburger.

All you're doing is notifying them on the 5320.20. Fill it out, keep a copy, and send them the original. It's annoying as hell, but compared to the nightmare you've been thru', it's easy.

I moved while my Form 4 was processing. SilencerShop said there's no need to update any information, as it's just used to prove state residency. Updating would just hinder the process in the system because all the paperwork would need to be updated. When the ATF process your background, they'll see you are at a new residence anyway, so it's irrelevant. My Form 4 was approved a year after I moved without any issues. SilencerShop just changed the FFL it was shipped too.

All in all, the Eforms are still much faster than paper submissions. I'm about to purchase another can.

Back
Top Bottom