Silencerco lets another one go- Gary Hughes

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Gary hughes has decided to take an offer with a different company, I wonder what made him jump ship.
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2013/12/11/more-changes-at-silencerco/
“I have given a good long notice to Silencerco and am going to do everything I can during that time to make the transition as smooth as possible for them,” Hughes said. “It was a very hard decision for me. I love that company.”

While there isn’t any drama involved in his departure, given Mike Pappas’s recent ouster it’s noteworthy since Gary has been with the company for nearly five years. Congratulations to Gary and his family on the new opportunity.

Gary was another notable figure, VP of sales, who kept an active internet presence touching base with all kinds of customers. I really have to wonder what is going on inside Silencerco right now since it would seem the company is huge growth and workers would not hop off the train on the way up.

Last edited:
Whenever silencerco first acquired SWR......Silencerco emphasized that the SWR line would remain separate from the silencerco line. I remember silencerco making a big deal they'd be in the same facility but would operate as 2 companies.

'Well, I am looking right at the "products" page at the old swr products/ Under the octane, specwar, spectre II and warlock II. Funny, I see silencerco logo at the top but no mention of SWR at all. Wonder what happened to their statement and promise?

Seems like they weren't very honest. If I had to start over, I would prefer the swr stuff over the silencerco stuff in all areas except the sparrow.

To be a fly on the wall in their offices . . .

Having gone through a public blood-letting at a former employer, one person leaving is usually just a pissed off person. Two people starts showing a managerial shift or different strategic vision. Typically guys in start-ups leave when it gets too corporate or is about to (which happened in my case). Rules change and it feels like creativity is stifled because instead of just doing something you have to run it through the chain of command.

Be interesting to see if they go the way of AAC and not release anything new in 3 years

Back
Top Bottom