Single-stack 9 - 1911/hi-power style

bradlee787

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 9 in the hi-power/1911-esque style, single stack. Been really contemplating something like a Star Super B, which can be had @ 240. Would love another FN made Hi-power, but probably won't find one at a price I want to pay. What's the general consensus here between the Star Model b's, feg hp clones, and FM hp clones? Or any other recomendations that I'm not aware of that fit the bill?

I'm looking to purchase a 9 in the hi-power/1911-esque style, single stack. Been really contemplating something like a Star Super B, which can be had @ 240. Would love another FN made Hi-power, but probably won't find one at a price I want to pay. What's the general consensus here between the Star Model b's, feg hp clones, and FM hp clones? Or any other recomendations that I'm not aware of that fit the bill?

Geezer is your friend!

I like my feg HP clone and cz's (modified HP).. These are the guns that made me dump the Tupperware guns.

Feg's machine work is evident in the slides, bit doesn't take away functionality. Most of the better finished models are already in the hands of afficianados. But there are a few that are still nice and not be at to hell. Work with browning mags and my variant is a 98% clone. The slide and slide stop would need some machine work to look like the real deal.

You cannot go wrong with any of the options listed. It is all a matter of what you can find and how much are you willing to pay.

Are you looking for single stack(1911) or double stack(Hi-power)? Anyone would be hard pressed to find a better pistol than the FN hi-power. The FEG(Hungary) copies are very under appreciated, and without a doubt a FINE weapon. The FM's(Argentina) are quality pistols but are year of manufacture dependent, meaning that the early manufacture are of higher quality than the later. If you've never shot a quality Hi-power, you owe it to yourself to find one to shoot. Now, as far as 1911's...the worst renditions of them are still decent weapons, the best are absolute works of art.

I had a Star model B that I liked a lot- it was a smaller pistol than a standard 1911 though. It was a very good shooting pistol. I think it landed on the 'sell' list because I hardly ever shot it.

Back
Top Bottom