• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Six trivia questions to see how much history you know.

When I read the last line of the Declaration i tend to disagree with that. I don't believe that they approached it that way.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

How so? It does not seem to relate at all to the economic structure they wanted. It's referring to what they will sacrifice to gain independence, not the structure of the country.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

How so? It does not seem to relate at all to the economic structure they wanted.

What did they want at that time? Why did they die penniless? Why did Jefferson and Washington's estates go to the public and not their families? Why do we not see the families and descendants of these great men sitting on the richest lands? Where are they?

It sounds to me like they created a trust amongst themselves. The fact is we were not there. The current system was put into place during reconstruction, after the rebellion. Now the banks own everything. Back then you could walk on a piece of land not in use and claim use of it.

The fact is we don't know what they wanted for us. The documents that survive do not envision what we have. We only know what we have.

What did they want at that time? Why did they die penniless? Why did Jefferson and Washington's estates go to the public and not their families? Why do we not see the families and descendants of these great men sitting on the richest lands? Where are they?

It sounds to me like they created a trust amongst themselves. The fact is we were not there. The current system was put into place during reconstruction, after the rebellion. Now the banks own everything. Back then you could walk on a piece of land not in use and claim use of it.

The fact is we don't know what they wanted for us. The documents that survive do not envision what we have. We only know what we have.

Or...you can simply look at the way they did business at the time and see that it was a free market.

Back
Top Bottom