SKS Butcher Jobs

brownbmo

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
199   0
Reaction score
I'm always searching for classic SKS rifles, but the only ones that seem to show up and stick around are the SKS Tactical chop jobs. I don't get it, why add an AR stock to a classic weapon and charge big bucks? I for one like the history behind the weapons. If you want an AR or a modern AK, there are lots out there.

It time to go the way of the whales and seals......save an SKS!! :-)

Another day, another thread about folks accessorizing their rifles.

They bought it; they can do what they want to it (within reason/legal limits).

I agree that most are in bad taste, but I can't buy 'em all to keep them in that "historical look."

agreed. if only people would stop being morons and hanging a wobbly ugly plastic stock on their guns. the wood stocks just plain out work. I could see swapping the original mag for a detachable mag for higher capacity and faster reloads if that's what floats your boat. (I like the standard mag personally) but dang it I cant stand over priced butchered guns. and no its not "custom" its garbage. :p

Another day, another thread about folks accessorizing their rifles.

They bought it; they can do what they want to it (within reason/legal limits).

I agree that most are in bad taste, but I can't buy 'em all to keep them in that "historical look."

people are free to do what they want with their guns, it's just a shame. Also the modified ones usually sit on here without offers. I have a like new SKS stock I'd like to put the guts into, no matching numbers, but it would still be nice to shoot.

When I bought my first couple SKS's, I also did the tacitcool thing...
Over the last year, I did sell those and am holding on to a few original pristine Norinco's.... I love the original look.

I think part of the reaspn people choose to tact out an SKS is because for he most part it is cheaper than an AK or AR. Kind of an economy model I guess. I actually bought several to do the same thing and just didn't have the heart to split up guns with all matching numbers. Just seemed wrong. I did change a stock on one that all the numbers didn't match to a monte carlo but that isn't really tactical imo.

I think part of the reaspn people choose to tact out an SKS is because for he most part it is cheaper than an AK or AR. Kind of an economy model I guess. I actually bought several to do the same thing and just didn't have the heart to split up guns with all matching numbers. Just seemed wrong. I did change a stock on one that all the numbers didn't match to a monte carlo but that isn't really tactical imo.

^this, not everyone has the dough to get an ar or ak, do what you will to what ever so long as it is no detriment to the people around you. Had a tacticool sks but sold it, took a while, but if people dont have the cash but wanna arm up for protection, not gonna stop em. Does the tacticool look horrendous...yea..but so do other guns.

i thought this as well but now you can get an ar or ak for the same price as a tac sks (which is another tread all together) but i've been through quiet a few sks's from the cheapest tac ones or some really nice collectors ones and the o.g. look is just soooo much more pleasant on the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom