Smith & Wesson Model 13-3

Revolver44

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
33   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have come into a Smith & Wesson Model 13-3, nickel finish, .357 mag. Barrel length is 3.5. This is one of the older Smith's with the firing pin on the hammer. Gun is in good condition. Any idea what it's worth? I've never owned this particular model. Thinking about listing it on the forum. And can someone tell me the difference between a square butt model and round butt model? Thanks

Last edited:
Its actually probably a 4 inch barrel, as you measure from the beginning of the forcing cone to the end of the barrel. Give me your serial number (X-ing out the last 2 digits) and I will tell you roughly when it was made. The 13-2 change was in 1977 (gas ring from yoke to cylinder), the 13-3 change eliminated the pinned barrel and cylinder counterbore (changed the cylinder length to 1.62") in 1982. Hard to guess a value without pictures.

Last edited:
Look at the bottom portion of the back strap on the revolver with the grips removed. If it comes straight down and forms a sharp "square" corner with the butt it is a square butt. If it curves slightly forward and forms a more "rounded" corner where it meets the butt then it is a round butt.

Back
Top Bottom