• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SMOKEN DEAL AT PSA

I wonder if 5.56 ammo will follow suit.
I think so. It's going to take a few years for the military to roll out the new sign rifles, but when they do there will be a bunch of 223 manufacturing capacity freed up. I don't know how retooling works, or if the old brass case equipment can even be used to make the new polymer case ammo. Either way I think we'll see a wave of surplus from that at some point.

Talking out my ass, though. Who knows?

I think so. It's going to take a few years for the military to roll out the new sign rifles, but when they do there will be a bunch of 223 manufacturing capacity freed up. I don't know how retooling works, or if the old brass case equipment can even be used to make the new polymer case ammo. Either way I think we'll see a wave of surplus from that at some point.

Talking out my ass, though. Who knows?
The can probably use the same process to form projectiles but the case will require a total tooling makeover. So expect 5.56 will take a dive in price with all the surplus ammo stocked up. Just a theory on that part but it will be nice if so. My father was a rubber and plastics chemist so I am familiar with in and out of plastic formation. I even attended a course at Akron university. Akron is the global meca for rubber and plastics production.

Back
Top Bottom