• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smokers, ex smokers, tabacco users

My dad smoked for a long time. He said that he quit cold turkey after seeing a smokers lung. Said it was the hardest thing he ever did but he said he wanted to bad enough that it just happened. Which, like most things in life, if you want it bad enough you'll find a way.

Smoked for 24yrs, drank for about the same. Give'em both up was easier than givin' up smokin' weed. Been off tobacco and booze for 8 yrs. and 2.5 yrs. weed. You can do it if it is important to you or the ones around you. You have grandchildren how much time do you want to spend with them?

I've been a smoker for just about 20 years . I stopped a couple years back and tried vaping for a year but found myself smoking again. I hate it so bad, and wish I could break the habit. It always feels like the wrong time, as soon as I want to quit or try too something always comes up and the stress levels are at a all time high. Any advice on things to help to kick the butt when the pressure is on I would appreciate. I don't want to start vaping again either, it's just a bandaid to the real problem. What motivated any of you to just walk away from it and not turn back?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I finally got to the point where I wanted to quit. I was wheezing at night, breathing heavily after doing minimal work, etc....just bad. Only 36, too!

I got to the point where I only really smoked at work. So, I took 2 weeks on vacation. Never smoked in my car, so the driving was easy. Stayed in non-smoking hotels, kept busy, etc. After the first 2 days I had no problems. The dreams though, were nuts!

Never even wanted a hit until I set foot on the back staircase at work. Instant cravings...but I played through and it got easier each day. Now I can even smoke a cigar occasionally without the Camel Craving drawing me back in.

About once a year I take one hit, and it tastes like **** and I recall why I quit.

Lots of good suggestions. If you do not want to quit cold turkey, try, in fact please try, Chantix. The success rate with Chantix is higher than the cold turkey method or the patch. Yes, Chantix is expensive, but so is smoking. Good luck.

I smoked 2 packs a day for almost 30 years up until Sept 10, 2013 ..... The day I had a Quadruple bypass.
I have not touched or wanted 1 since.

Where there is a will, there is a way
With the aid of patches, no excuse really. Got no sympathy for smokers. Can't believe you haven't witnessed the coughing, cancer, emphysema, and all the other self inflicted wounds caused by smoking. Just WTF do you need for motivation. I saw a man without legs, get out of a car, travel down a rocky trail to a creek, walking on his hands with leather gloves on them. Think of the challenges he has to overcome everyday. And you can't quit smoking? I may sound cold hearted, but my heart goes out to that man with no legs. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom