Smuggling candy into theaters is for kids...

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
IMG_8809.jpg

I went to the movies one day and it was packed with people. During the slide show before the trailers start up, this lady and her boyfriend sat next to me, casually talking. No big deal, trailers start up, they are still talking and all of a sudden, she reaches into her big purse and pulls out 2 covered paper plates with a full BBQ meal on them. I kid you not! BBQ ribs, potato salad, baked beans, the works. I finally had to say something about them talking while the movie was playing. They were talking like they were at an outside BBQ. When I asked her to please be quiet, she responded "Oh, I've already seen this movie". I replied back loudly, "Well hell, none of the other 200 people here have seen it, which is why we are at the movies, not the damn BBQ like you are!" They quietly got up and left with a loud applause from the crowd.

Buddy of mine recommended NCG Cinemas relatively near the house.

Man, we can enjoy movies again!

They have a deal where you pay 5 bucks for a tub of popcorn that is refillable. When me and my two 13 year-old boys go - they aren't making any money off of us on popcorn. We've learned to bring paper bags. Fill up before movie starts. Divvy up in theater. Re-fill before movie starts - we like to get there early to get the best seats. And then fill up a couple more times.

Matinee prices aren't bad and they have recliners...

There was a theater in Biloxi when I was stationed down there across the parking lot from the Edgewater Mall. They served beer and all kinds of food and had tables in the back. If I remember right you could smoke in there too. Eat, smoke and drink awhile watching your movie.....

There was a theater in Biloxi when I was stationed down there across the parking lot form the Edgewater Mall. They served beer and all kinds of food and had tables in the back. If I remember right you could smoke in there too. Eat, smoke and drink awhile watching your movie.....

When I was stationed at Keesler Field that movie house was off limits. Biloxi was just a jumping off place before heading overseas.

In 1978 or 79, can't remember which, Westgate Theaters in Macon would host 'Midnight Matinees'. You could smoke or drink in the theater back then so we'd go (as 14 year old's). I remember watching "Night of the Living Dead" and there were some truly obnoxious "urban females" in the front of the theater talking, standing up and sitting down, making all sorts of noise.....Finally a young brother stood up and screamed, "Sit yo asses down and shut up!" LOL! The females' response was, "Uh uh mother ****er! We done paid our three dollars we talk if we wants to!" LOL. Macon.:grey:

Back
Top Bottom