• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Snagged 2 Brits! No 1 Mk III amd a Savage No 4 Mk I

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
I already have a Savage, so when this one arrives, I'll have a shoot off and the better one goes in the safe and number 2 goes to ODT!

1915 Enfield-built MkIII SMLE with cut-off, stacking swivel, sling, and sword bayonet with scabbard. Pics tell the story. Bore is bright and shiny with plenty of rifling (sorry no way to take a decent bore pic). Receiver, bolt, barrel, end cap all serial-match. Import marked. Stock has been sanded and is beautiful.

1943 Savage-built No. 1 Mk IV, US Property marked. Flip-up rear sight. Bolt is a different serial number. Bore is clean and shiny, with plenty of rifling. Import marked.

no%201%20markings%201.JPG
matched%20end%20cap.JPG
mkiii%201.JPG
Both.JPG

Man I was in Gainesville yesterday and they had two Australian no 1 mk III for $600. I hope got a better deal then that

Before these arrive I have
1 Savage No4 MkI
2 Longbranch No 4 MkIs
1 Maltby No4 MkI

My son has a No 1 MkIII

They are about the cheapest non-Mosin MILSURP rifle, smooth and accurate. Can occasionally find some Yugo Mausers for less.
Carcanos are pretty cheap, but feeding them, not so much. I would trade one of my Yugo Mausers for an Enfield without even thinking twice. I love the Enfield action - so fast and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom