• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Snake protection

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
Looking to get some input on snake protection. I'm trying to decide between boots, half chaps or full legs chap. Any input and actual recommendations are appreciated.

I got boots but they suck walking up or down hill in. IMHO. Maybe some half leg chaps would be better idea if I was to choose again?

Chaps for me because they are flexable but be forwarned they are hot in the heat.

This was something Ive thought about as well but as others are saying the boots suck for walking. Most of the property I hunt is hilly so I think boots are out.

I have some boots and they are not the most comfortable to wear while walking around up and down hills. They are fine when I am sitting still. I don't mind wearing them too much. I am more comfortable dealing with the boots than I would be getting struck by a venomous snake.

I never tried chaps, but I may pick some up one day as they are more flexible. I could deal with them being hot.

Boots, but be careful when selecting them. Make sure they are comfortable as soon as you put them on. They don't break in much at all. The ones I have now are the most comfortable boots I own, but it took three tries to get the right ones. They also were NOT the most expensive, they just fit me very well.

Also, after seeing my brother get hit by a very big Timber Rattler a few years ago, I got very motivated to actually have them on in warm weather. Fortunately, he had his on at the time, but I didn't. I tip toed the hell out of there very carefully. There was a lot of venom running down the outside of his boot and I think he had to change his shorts. LOL!