• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Snake!!!!!

Well it obviously didn't have a chicken in his mouth therefore not a chicken snake, so it was a rattlesnake and should've died. Not but two kinds if snakes, chicken snake and a rattlesnake.

Water snake. Too long and slender to be a cotton mouth. Still should have shot it though. Lol. Only good snake is a dead snake.

Of the 41 native snake species known in Georgia, only six are venomous: the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, Timber Rattlesnake (also known as the Canebrake), Pigmy Rattlesnake; Eastern Coral Snake; Cottonmouth (also known as the Water Moccasin) and Southern Copperhead.

Snakes, even the venomous kind, are beneficial to the ecosystem because they feed on rodents and insects. It is illegal to possess or kill non-venomous snakes in Georgia. It is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

I was doing a job on a lake house at Sinclair a couple of weeks ago and every day we saw a water snake about 3 ft. long get on the dock to sun I took Gamo Wisper and shot at him about 4 times,he did not move. I thought my scope must be off,I was about 25 yd's away. Later on in the day I looked he was still in the same place. I told my buddy to go run that snake back in the water. He went down with hammer in is hand and the snake took off every where but in the water. He chased the snake and the snake chased him,mouth opened. I was LMAO,he was scard. The snake alway took off for the water accept that time. I must have hit him but he never moved.

Why?

It's a watersnake...no harm will come your way. BTW, if you were in Newnan when you saw it, there are no cottonmouths in your area. Copperheads and Timber Rattlers are probably the only venomous snakes you will likely ever encounter there.

^^^^ cottonmouths might not be in Newnan, but they are Definitely in Carroll County- (Other side of the river)

Maybe I missed I don't know but that's the first time it ever did that. It always went right to the water when ever we walked down close to it. There are kid's that go there alot and don't like a fricking snake that close so piss on the law. For all I know it might have been a cotten mouth.

It's not a Moccasin/Cotton Mouth. If you spot one in the Metro Area PM me with pics. It'll be the first in 20 years in the business. I ID hundreds of snakes a year, and everyone is a Water Moccasin or a Copperhead. No question we have Copperheads, and I have ID'ed many each year, but not one live, dead, or photo of one Moccasin locally. Now, pythons... I have even grabbed one of those. 10ft long and 30+ lbs.

Of the 41 native snake species known in Georgia, only six are venomous: the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, Timber Rattlesnake (also known as the Canebrake), Pigmy Rattlesnake; Eastern Coral Snake; Cottonmouth (also known as the Water Moccasin) and Southern Copperhead.

Snakes, even the venomous kind, are beneficial to the ecosystem because they feed on rodents and insects. It is illegal to possess or kill non-venomous snakes in Georgia. It is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

I wish I could collect $1,000 for every dead snake I have been brought to ID. I would be retired by now. Dang...think of how much ammo I could buy.

Back
Top Bottom