• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

so i decided to splurge a little today

georgiabow

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
a few may remember my post a while back about my motorcycle wreck. i had sold my mathews about a month before my wreck with the intention of buying a new bow for the upcoming season.

i went to wildcat archery today to see if i could even draw a bow, since my arm got run over by the truck, 6 broken ribs on my right side, right hand mangled, and left eye damaged. i went in today and first tried the hoyt carbon spyder, the draw cycle was so rough even at 60lbs, i genuinely thought i would no longer be able to shoot considering the good things i had heard about that bow. i figured it was just from my damage, not realizing it was the bow itself.

the guy at the shop suggested that i try one more bow so i did. he brought in the new bowtech rpm360, and i immediately thought that being a speed bow it would be a waste of time to even attempt to draw that bow. when i grabbed hold of it, it sat very naturally in my hand, and the draw is absolutely amazing for a bow of that type. first 3 shots were shooting with no sights or peep, and 2 out of the first 3 shots were in the 10 ring at 15 yards.

needless to say, i sat the bow back on the counter, walked out to the showroom and came back with a qad ultrarest, 5 pin sight, quiver, and an axion stabilizer and told the guy to rig me up.

it felt so good to shoot again, and is such a relief to know ill be able to hunt this year. i had already told myself that if i couldnt draw a bow anymore, then i wouldnt hunt anymore. bowhunting is in my blood, and thankfully its not going anywhere! i was so thrilled i even picked me up a new summit viper sd climbing stand.

I'm glad you have healed enough to get back into bow hunting. Now, do yourself a favor and continue to do your PT daily so that you become even stronger.

As a fellow bike rider that has been down before and unable to do the things you love to do for months ,it's great to hear you are getting to bow hunt.. Keep working on your body and keep hitting the gym and your strength will improve.

Back
Top Bottom