• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So long.Farewell. It's been a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paynefree

Default rank 5000+ posts
Aint no calling for 1 legged ninja
326   0
Reaction score
after being bamboozled a few times is the last few weeks I've decided to cut bait and sail/sale/sell/cell off into the wind. I've learned a lot around here and made a butt load of friends.
To those that I've dealt with and are friends with I think you know why I'm down here. To those that aren't just an FYI there is a mod here that has a hard one for me and I'm sick of the drama that he tends to create. Most of the mods (even @VHinch who I've traded with recently and he listened to the misunderstanding on my part) here are cool and I've dealt with a couple of them throughout the years I've been around. This is in stupid stuff. not because it belongs here but because I think it'd be moved here eventually. Heck the mod may even delete it.. take it easy folks. If you wanna deal with me shoot me a pm and I'll reply with a cell number for us to stay friends..
See ya later basement Dan. Okuma I wish you were a better responder to my emails (2 occasions)
It's not what it used to be around here.. comments deleted for no apparent reason, points given for comments through PMS and an overall pompous attitude that goes unrestrained.. he can suck a bucket of duck balls.. you know beacaue those are t real anyway..

Tagged to the top from page 22:

New
Ok so we're 20 pages in and I'm back from a day at the naval museum with my family. By the way it's a cool museum for anyone on the Pensacola/Perdido Key sea.

Okuma Okuma you have made numerous replies in this ad but didn't take the time to address my pm. I'll start with you since you re the head cheese/extreme babysitter/pontious pope of all things odt. This is your site and your rules apply. In the almost 5 years I have been here I have pretty much been a play by the rules guy. Yeah I got my fair share of points and warnings. Also received my fair share of bans. 1 day ban for calling someone a flipper after they bought a beretta I wanted and in less than 20 minutes had it listed for sale using the same person who he bpughtvit from a photos. I wasn't upset that he bought the beretta but more upset that he took advantage of a good hearted seller. Again, your site your rules. Secondly, I received another 1 day ban if I recall becaue of a mod supposedly accidentally hitting me twice in the same ad that gave me enough points to push me over another ban level. On more than one occasion another mod has offered their opinion that a couple of the points I received weren't necessary. Did those points get removed? Nope, sure didn't. I've accepted that the fact of the matter is it's the mods view against mine. That and 5 cents will get me a handful of dirt.. being a mod isn't an easy job but this one particular mod is beyond opinionated. Why must everything be considered negative in nature? Is his life hat bad that he has to automatically think negative things of a comments nature.
Now I'll get to the meat of my disdain for said mod. Since he felt the need I tell me I've been one sided in my comments let me start by saying he's an idiot. Being a mod isn't about beating your chest and wielding your mod powers. It's about trying to get to the bottom of any issues respectfully. My last 3 day ban started when I asked a simple question in a thread on why comments disappeared. They weren't negative in nature nor were they a public fallout. I didn't get a warning, and then when I went back in asking where my comments went I received a message Tri pm saying "poof". At that point I sent DAnK a message asking what happened. He replied that my comments got caught in a crossfire and that people fwete quoting my post so he had to delete it. Again it didn't break any rules it just got deleted. At that point he and I got into a heated conversation because he chose to be a little condescending. I called him a name a few times in pm's which didn't break any rules to my knowledge and I got points and a 3 day vacation. Of course before that he locked me out of the thread that a lot of my posts are contained. I know this is a lengthy post but it seems that it's the only way I may get some response. I accepted my punishment and went about my business. Even signed up as a supporter as a 5 year supporter too because I cleared the air with the Vhinch about the past issue I had with him and how he hit me twice for an infarction.
I'm not sure what Dan has against me but it seems that maybe he still stewing over my comments of him being a douschenozzle in pm mind you that warranted my 3 day ban. I'll accept it. I haven't had any issues with other mods at all. Check it out if you want. I've received more infractions for stuff going on in a single thread than the previous 4 years yearly. That oughta tell you something..most of if not all are from DAnK. What does he have against that thread?
Yesterday when someone asked why they couldn't tag leatherhead I tagged them and even asked if he had posted an item that he bought in another comment. Again, I'm at the beach and just popped on and was trying to help anyone out that may have been having tagging issues. My comments were deleted and I got a 24 hour ban and the original poster got nothing. He's still posting in that thread. So yeah that does seem to be a little on the biased side. It is what it is. My issues aren't with
mods as a whole but more of how a specific mod can construe his views upon an entire thread without going unchecked. I've pm's you on multiple occasions and haven't received any replies at all pertaining to that issue. So I'm forced to make a decision that I really don't want to do. If I was unhappy don't you think I would've not reupped for a 5 year supporter status and just gone yearly? Use some common sense here and pay attention to your supporters and members that post a lot. If not that is your call as well but as long as I have to deal with DAnK as a mod I won't be seen much. He's the real problem not what anyone posts. We all know the rules and do a pretty good job following them as long as they don't change from mod to mod.

I'll be waiting with baited ears listening for your reply.. for the record I have more to discus too but won't air any more dirty laundry in this thread. Reply to pm's if you want I don't care if that easier for you..I'm a decent guy and won't be made to feel like a criminal because some dude can't see the positive side of comments made on a public forum historically.

Last reply:
This thread is a microcosm of what happens on a daily basis.
Say what you will but I've addressed more than valid concerns about what I felt was a mod overreach only to have my issues ignored. They aren't just my "feelings" as you can tell by others same complaints about said mod. If it's one or two it might be a coincidence but to have multiple complaints about the same mod it's a larger issue that should be dealt with. Here it is now almost 48 hours since my initial pm to OS and I've not received one single response to my pm's to him. He has responded to others in this thread but completely ignored me as a supporter. That's his attitude it seems. He can stick his head in the sand and hope that this issue will go away but I don't see it happening the way it should. For that matter I've decided that what I thought of myself being a valued member around here was a farce. Mods are right and myself with having done over 230 deals with 100% positive feedback and over 8500 posts am wrong. Good luck boys (and girls so I don't get sued for discrimination). It's been for the most part a wonderful time around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom