• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOLD. PLEASE DELETE - Taliaferro County, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question came to my mind

If someone bought it…they couldn’t visit whenever they wanted…because somebody is leasing it?
Landowner can do anything they want with it, any time, except for whatever they lease out. Lease it out for farming, can't farm, lease it you to hunt, can't hunt (though I've been in clubs where the SOB and his family wore the place out).

Typically landowners try to cover their property taxes with the hunting lease dues.
Used to be the case, Timber companies treat hunting leases as a profit center now. We pay Weyerheuser a pile more money than they pay in taxes in Wilkes County.

They (timber company) keep floating the idea of breaking down different segments of the outdoor adventure into separate "Recreational Activity" leases. Lease for camping, lease for motorbikes, lease for offroad.

Used to be the case, Timber companies treat hunting leases as a profit center now. We pay Weyerheuser a pile more money than they pay in taxes in Wilkes County.

They (timber company) keep floating the idea of breaking down different segments of the outdoor adventure into separate "Recreational Activity" leases. Lease for camping, lease for motorbikes, lease for offroad.
Typically I said. I also said that GA leases range from $8 - $25/ac. I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom