• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some great work on Grips/Stocks

Here ya go dougiefresh!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_21_geqenaby.jpg

why are they called coke bottles?

The reason the older S&W target grips are called "cokes" has everything to do with the palm swell in the middle of the grip. The shape reminded some of the classic Coke bottle shape. While not as pronounced on the grips as it is on the Coke bottle, there is a palm swell. Sometimes it is difficult to make out, but when sitting beside a standard target grip, the difference is very easy to spot. Unlike Leatherhead, I do not own any original S&W Coke grips, but I do own a set of grips fashioned to be very similar to the Coke grips. Sorry for the bad picture, just could not get it right today.

The reason the older S&W target grips are called "cokes" has everything to do with the palm swell in the middle of the grip. The shape reminded some of the classic Coke bottle shape. While not as pronounced on the grips as it is on the Coke bottle, there is a palm swell. Sometimes it is difficult to make out, but when sitting beside a standard target grip, the difference is very easy to spot. Unlike Leatherhead, I do not own any original S&W Coke grips, but I do own a set of grips fashioned to be very similar to the Coke grips. Sorry for the bad picture, just could not get it right today.
Dang you have pretty guns Jdubbs!

Dang you have pretty guns Jdubbs!
Pops,
The dude only has 95%-98% revolvers, and I grade conservatively (98% is unfired factory).

Here are the Python stocks that you just finished; you haven't seen them on the gun:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks also for the Smith stuff that you restored including the not-easy-to-find diamond Targets---all nice. You can do magic with wood.

Another thing on Cokes: The checkering goes lower. Here are Target Cokes:
[Broken External Image]:

And regular Targets:
[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom