Some of

It is the train out of Skagway, we were there June 6th thru the 13th we had great weather, a fine cruise. If people would do a trip like this, or to Yellowstone or somewhere stateside they would really be surprised what all America has to offer.:cool:

We were in Skagway on Friday June 13th :cool: and did the White Pass train tour that afternoon.
Cruising on Princess R/T from Seattle 6/8-6/15. Weather was perfect all week.
Awesome adventure.
And we did Yellowstone last summer...

We were in Skagway on Friday June 13th :cool: and did the White Pass train tour that afternoon.
Cruising on Princess R/T from Seattle 6/8-6/15. Weather was perfect all week.
Awesome adventure.
And we did Yellowstone last summer...

We were on a Holland America ship,it was great,we were in Yellowstone last year too. Have you been up to Cades Cove in Tenn.I like to tromp around in the mountains of GA,Tenn,and N.C.never know what you'll find

Cades Cove...wow, haven't hiked around that area since the kids were in HS. Years ago...time flies.

We talked with a few folks on that cruise that have done AK 4-5 times. I can understand why.

Wife and I retired last spring,we've really enjoyed going out west, it's fun.(We are going back to Yellowstone on the spring)
The reason I mentioned Cades Cove is that's one of my favorite places to see animals(and hopefully one day Elk)in the mountains,we like to go into the smokies and watch the Elk there.

:cool: Good luck to both of you on your retirements!!

I also retired 1 1/2 yrs ago @ 60 but my wife (same age) chooses to continue to work so our travel time right now is limited. I believe some women just can't bring themselves to admit to being old enough to retire. :D

I heard that Doug King was back from his stint in the Great Frontier of Alaska and was setting up shop again here in Georgia.

We were on a Holland America ship,it was great,we were in Yellowstone last year too. Have you been up to Cades Cove in Tenn.I like to tromp around in the mountains of GA,Tenn,and N.C.never know what you'll find

Would you recommend that Cruise line? if so How much does it cost? Thanks

Would you recommend that Cruise line? if so How much does it cost? Thanks

I would recommend Holland America, we are 60 and didn't want to take a cruise with a lot of kids, this cruise line is more for adults, there were kids on the ship, just not a lot. Cost? We had a room with a balcony(that cost more but worth it we like to sit outside when it not too cold)You will eat on the ship most of the time.
We had tours planned at every stop, they cost different amounts,then the cost to get to your port city and back.All these thing cost different amounts depending on the time of year,the deal you may get on flights,what port city you fly to (We went to Vancouver (needed a passport)
We spent around 5000.00,but your cost could differ
Go see Yellowstone,it cost much less,and it's awesome

Last edited:
I would recommend Holland America, we are 60 and didn't want to take a cruise with a lot of kids, this cruise line is more for adults, there were kids on the ship, just not a lot. Cost? We had a room with a balcony(that cost more but worth it we like to sit outside when it not too cold)You will eat on the ship most of the time.
We had tours planned at every stop, they cost different amounts,then the cost to get to your port city and back.All these thing cost different amounts depending on the time of year,the deal you may get on flights,what port city you fly to (We went to Vancouver (needed a passport)
We spent around 5000.00,but your cost could differ

Well I am over 60 and kids are fine around the house when they come to visit..But just to get away for a Cruise I would just as soon not have them. Some times it's better just to be quiet and enjoy..I do have a Passport so that is not a problem..Thanks Carver!!

Back
Top Bottom