Some people these days.

I already have an agent picked out to help my wife sell my guns after I die. He will help her get them all sold without getting cheated. The only gun(s) I hope she keeps are the ones that she carries for her own protection.

I was too young when my grandfather died, but he had some old shotgun and a elephant gun, at least that's what I remember people calling it. My grandma ended up selling them at a garage sale, wish I could've had them. But I have a lot of his stuff, gold watch, dog tag, and most special piece to me is his wedding band ring.

If there are other heirs or beneficiaries of the dead gun collector's estate, they may have a legal action against the daughter who sold off Dad's gun collection while the deceased was cooling off.
Executors or Administrators of an estate are supposed to SAFEGUARD everything, document it, inventory it, read the will, consult with other heirs, and then dispose of the property in a way that is consistent with the terms of the will, or the instructions of the Probate Court for the estates of people who die intestate (without a will).

If you are a gun collector or just have some firearms that you've owned for a long time and you want to see stay in the family, WRITE THAT INTO YOUR WILL.
Make a new will. Or make a "codicil" (formal amendment) to an existing will, to address the gun issue.
Tell your family members that when you die, they are NOT allowed to just loot your stuff like Hurricane Katrina just went through and without a National Guardsman in sight!
Find the will, read the will, notify the Probate Court, and FOLLOW the will's instructions. That's how it's supposed to work.

"Wrap me in a canvas with a needle thru the nose and puts me off the Outer Banks when the blues be a runnin. Gots me a card game scheduled with ole Davy."

always could be to pay for funeral services, those bill pile up pretty fast

This. OP, you shouldn't pass judgement on people unless you know the whole story. I often do it too (I think we all do), but then I try to put some perspective into my thinking. I don't know what a persons situation is. While I have my fathers guns and if I needed to pay for his funeral or my mothers doctor bills, I would have parted with them in a heart beat.

If there are other heirs or beneficiaries of the dead gun collector's estate, they may have a legal action against the daughter who sold off Dad's gun collection while the deceased was cooling off.
Executors or Administrators of an estate are supposed to SAFEGUARD everything, document it, inventory it, read the will, consult with other heirs, and then dispose of the property in a way that is consistent with the terms of the will, or the instructions of the Probate Court for the estates of people who die intestate (without a will).

If you are a gun collector or just have some firearms that you've owned for a long time and you want to see stay in the family, WRITE THAT INTO YOUR WILL.
Make a new will. Or make a "codicil" (formal amendment) to an existing will, to address the gun issue.
Tell your family members that when you die, they are NOT allowed to just loot your stuff like Hurricane Katrina just went through and without a National Guardsman in sight!
Find the will, read the will, notify the Probate Court, and FOLLOW the will's instructions. That's how it's supposed to work.

I've seen this 100 times. Amazing how eager family is to screw other family after someone dies.

So after heading down to the arms expo earlier this afternoon i decided to do my regular rounds at the local gun stores and see close to 20+ pistols laid out on the counter. I perused my way over and overhead a woman telling the young man behind the counter about how her father had died yesterday and was looking to offload his firearms. This man obviously had a passion for wheel guns, I have never seen that much nickel anywhere besides a bank and in pristine condition. It really struck me as a low thing to do, just dump all your fathers belongings, makes me wonder about how people like that actually think. I know if my family dumped my guns right after i passed I would return to haunt them lol.

Uh....so do you know how to get in touch with this lady? I could....uh....help her find the right person to sell some of those old "nickel" guns.

Back
Top Bottom