• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Someone educate me on AR pistols, whats the point?

I went to a T Rex Arms 2 Gun shoot a few years ago. One of the stages had a provided range gun, 10.5 inch 300 Black with LAW folder and red dot.

The stage of fire was to move from left to right engaging 10 steel targets at various distances with your pistol while wearing the 300 Black folded in a backpack on your back.

Once you made it to the right berm and finished hitting all 10 targets with the pistol, remove the backpack, ready the rifle/AR pistol, then re-engage the same 10 targets.

The stage was designed to demonstrate the unbelievable increase in speed and lethality when compared to using just a pistol. It was eye opening to say the least.

They just look cool.
6C1C108E-A583-4385-AC2D-EE55E5441C0A.jpeg

Toys mayne ....although my 300 black pistols all serve a purpose. 5.56 not so much. Too loud not enough accuracy. I’d rather have a 9mm Ar pistol than a 5.56 pistol.

all joking and ribbing aside.
the 5.56 round is capable of 400 to 600yrds. but i have other guns for that range. i like the pistol because it is nice and compact,packs plenty of punch,and does not snag in tight spaces. i always considered the ar platform as a 100yrd gun,a 7.5 to 10.5 barrel gives plenty accuracy at that range.
if you ever get a chance,try and move thru a cqb space with with a rifle,then a pistol.
or just put a rifle in the passenger seat of you car or truck. then swing it up to the window into a ready fire position. after you get your windshield replaced and the dashboard fixed,try the same thing with an ar pistol..

Which ar pistol would you go with? I want to get one but not sure what to look for, so educate me also please

I have to say get a 300 Black. There is nothing I hate more than adding a new caliber, but it jus makes sense. Here's why:

This is ODT.

Get 300 Black
Get Suppressor
Get Helmet
Get Mount
Get Nods
Get IR Laser
Get IR Illuminator
Get Divorce

I have to say get a 300 Black. There is nothing I hate more than adding a new caliber, but it jus makes sense. Here's why:

This is ODT.

Get 300 Black
Get Suppressor
Get Helmet
Get Mount
Get Nods
Get IR Laser
Get IR Illuminator
Get Divorce
Stop the lies. Divorce came waaay before the illuminator.

Back
Top Bottom