• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone masked prowling around my sisters house in downtown cartersville

Happened to my daughter the other night in Canton. Four guys tried the door knob on her apartment. They then kicked the door twice, she announced that she was armed. They fled as she called the locals. Not sure if she was targeted or random. She had not seen these four young black youth prior to this incident. Her BF was working, not even sure if they knew the apt was occupied. Perhaps a burglary opportunity which could have gone really wrong. I have trained her how to shoot and when to. Thank God they were unable to open the door. If it continues, she will be moving back to the mountains.

Happened to my daughter the other night in Canton. Four guys tried the door knob on her apartment. They then kicked the door twice, she announced that she was armed. They fled as she called the locals. Not sure if she was targeted or random. She had not seen these four young black youth prior to this incident. Her BF was working, not even sure if they knew the apt was occupied. Perhaps a burglary opportunity which could have gone really wrong. I have trained her how to shoot and when to. Thank God they were unable to open the door. If it continues, she will be moving back to the mountains.
Fortunately you did teach her well AND she listened ! I hope and pray they don’t come back , even better I hope she decides to go ahead and come home to you and the Mrs for a little while until she can secure a place in some other part of town maybe, or a house to rent instead of apts ??
As said though, she done the right thing and was ready thanks to you and your mate !
Keep them in arms and keep them trained , parents !!

Ring doorbell cameras have great camera/picture quality. I just installed another one at my business and I get alerted every time a moth approaches the light mounted next to the camera by our warehouse door.

THIS is totality Unacceptable ^^^^^^
This is why i took my family and moved to Florida on 6 Acres of land (also grandkids are 1.5 miles up the street too).
But me and the wife were talking about moving 2 years ago because the crime rate was rising even in the little town of Dallas Ga.
There was a forced break-in just down the street from us and that sealed the deal for me and my wife.
We found land we could afford and sold the house and built one here in Florida.
I am retired as well and love where I now live with my closest neighbor is 20 acres away.
Yes there is crime everywhere and that is mostly because of the recession we are still in.
but at least I can see them coming now.

A good dog always helps if you have the means to keep one. They are better than an alarm in my opinion.…. In some cases anyway. Thanks for the heads up !
The BEST protection system a single woman could have is a little Yip dog and a 357 revolver handy. When someone's at the door, the little Yip dog starts barking for you to protect it and gives you enough time to get the revolver.

Back
Top Bottom