Someone recommend a gunsmith near Marietta GA for Marlin lever problem?

shovel99

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
50   0
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My brother's Marlin 30-30 locked back at full cock lever position hard as a rock. I was able to remove the screw/pivot pin, move the bolt forward and reassemble, but upon working the lever, locked up immediately, again. Can anyone recommend a good "lever guy" around North Atlanta? Thanks, Shovel00

Hi Guys,
My brother's Marlin 30-30 locked back at full cock lever position hard as a rock. I was able to remove the screw/pivot pin, move the bolt forward and reassemble, but upon working the lever, locked up immediately, again. Can anyone recommend a good "lever guy" around North Atlanta? Thanks, Shovel00
Try Deer Creek they are close to the Marietta Civic Center

Thank you gentlemen! Deer Creek is convenient, I have driven by many times, but really appreciate a recommendation before engaging them.

Best,
Shovel

If the loading spring screw is loose the loading gate will interfere with the lifter going up. If the lifter cannot go up the lever cannot close.
Hi Boomer. I just looked up loading spring and lever jam on Youtube to realize that the screw was right there, tightened it just like you said (was about falling out, the other two screws were finger tight). and boom, back in action! Thank you so much! Paul/Shovel

Thank you gentlemen! Deer Creek is convenient, I have driven by many times, but really appreciate a recommendation before engaging them.

Best,
Shovel

Like I said previously, haven't been there in years. But I wouldn't hesitate to stop by, especially for an older or older "style" firearm.

Back
Top Bottom