• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Son's first deer!!!!

Right now my son is 7 and has no interest..trying to also pull in my 10 year old daughter....

I remember when I shot my first deer. My dad rubbed blood all over my face to initiate me. Did you do anything similar to him?

Nice job.. Your a good dad too!

We have a tradition of bloodying the hunter on their first kill. I did to both my children and my wife. It is a memory too. Take good pictures and enjoy. And Congratulations.

Yes we do to. but I was so excited I forgot so when he gets his first buck he will be bloodied for sure

Right now my son is 7 and has no interest..trying to also pull in my 10 year old daughter....

I remember when I shot my first deer. My dad rubbed blood all over my face to initiate me. Did you do anything similar to him?

Nice job.. Your a good dad too!
Thanks Nocman_2. Yes we do the blood on the face but I was so excited for him I forgot. I have four kids and I take them all with me hunting mostly one each trip. My oldest is 11 she still goes but she is not into it like my younger ones are. I take lots of snacks and make it about them and it works most times. Just keep at it man!!

He is involved from kill to getting it home and processing it. He likes doing it all.
Thats awesome, my little girl has helped my process deer since she could walk. She knows where her dinner comes from and there is so many kids here in America that has no clue. 70 years ago it was a part of life now all they know is meat comes from a package out of a grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom