South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Troy3267

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   1
Reaction score
I am always pretty wary of games made from shows and movies, as they usually turn out to be crap. Hell, the last south park game was that racing game for N64 and it turned out to be a phoned-in abortion. But I decided to give them one last chance and try the new game for Xbox 360, The Stick Of Truth.

Its actually amazing. It looks and feels like you're in the show. At one point my girlfriend walked in, started watching it for a few minutes, and asked why I didn't tell her a new episode was on. The controls are pretty easy, and every time you press up on the d-pad your character farts. Its literally the only game that had me laughing out loud the whole time I was playing it. Fans of the show will love it, as it not only features EVERY character from the show, but also has TONS of classic references and throwbacks in it. It's and open world game, meaning that you can explore the entire town, but also canada. There is also a way to meet the Christmas Woodland Critters. It has hilarious main quests, as well as loads of side quests and collectibles/Easter eggs to find. You can explore the sewers to help Mr. Hankey find his nugget kids, or help the guy from City Wok battle the Mongolians.

You can create your own character, customize his weapons and armor, and level him up and unlock upgrades. There are 4 different classes to choose from: Warrior, Mage, Thief, and Jew; and each class has its own special abilities. The battle is turn-based, but actually pretty fun. The game feels like a mix of Skyrim, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones, but with the classic South Park remix. I would recommend this game to anyone with a sense of humor or any fans of the show.

South Park is a show people either love or hate...to the extreme, I love it....it's hilarious. I'm not much of a gamer. My brother is into the games deeply. I may try it out with one of his consoles...

Yeah its not that hard to play, and they had difficulty settings. But it stays true to the show, making an absolute joke about everything. There's even a part where you have to fight Nazi Zombie cows (complete with swastika armbands and shouting german).

im gonna wait a bit for the price to drop on it. cant see myself paying 60 bucks for it lol. wait and find it used at gamestop lol. ive gotta preorder my copy of warlords of dreanor for WoW anyway lol.

i watched this guys entire playthrough, cant wait to play it myself. but this will suffice till i get my own copy lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom