• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speeding ticket

Policing for profit. Seen more of the mfers out last few days than ever.

That is because so may people are driving stupid. Injuring and killing themselves and others....happens every holiday season unfortunately.

If they wanted people to slow down they’d park with their lights on and people would slow down

Instead they hide under bridges and just over the top of hills to collect revenue
Or just maybe they would obey the signs that was already posted and maybe they wouldn't get ticketed.

I believe we're all guilty of speeding at some point. Whether we are running late to an appointment or whatever reason. But some folks are dangerous in there driving and speeding at excessive amounts over the limit down a curvy two lane road. These speeders need to be ticketed to potentially save lives. Let's say the LEO let's one of these speeders go and this driver continues in there hazardous driving until they cross the center line hitting another car head on.

I will try to make this a short story. My father was killed by a DUI (drugs) driver back in the 60's. This was the guys second wreck in two years and he was DUI in both and speeding. Small town and police did not pursue DUI (drugs) like they do know. He got a fine and continued driving/keeping his CDL's. He had another DUI wreck two years later (killing a woman). He was at fault in all these accidents. He killed (suicide) himself the next year.

You have to look at everything from both sides. It suxs getting a ticket, but you never know what it might have prevented down the road.

If they wanted people to slow down they’d park with their lights on and people would slow down

Instead they hide under bridges and just over the top of hills to collect revenue
chewing someone's jockstrap. Or whatever dcline said

I will try to make this a short story. My father was killed by a DUI (drugs) driver back in the 60's. This was the guys second wreck in two years and he was DUI in both and speeding. Small town and police did not pursue DUI (drugs) like they do know. He got a fine and continued driving/keeping his CDL's. He had another DUI wreck two years later (killing a woman). He was at fault in all these accidents. He killed (suicide) himself the next year.

You have to look at everything from both sides. It suxs getting a ticket, but you never know what it might have prevented down the road.

I am sorry about your Father.
My 21 year old sister and her boyfriend were hit by a speeding drunk and their car caught fire and the both burnt to death. Speeding drunk was unharmed.
And these guys gripe about a speeding ticket and probably driving way to fast. The one that started this thread is ashamed to show his ticket. All they can do is whine, whine whine while knowingly breaking the law.

My ignore list continues to grow. Most law enforcement agencies are hiring. Until you suit up everyday and spend holidays, birthdays, and weekends away from your families to serve the public no matter if they hate you or support you then you really have no room to talk. Everyone hates us until they need us.
/QUOTE]

To me, that has always been one of the dumbest excuses ever. How about coming up with an original one.

eta: my ignore list just grew too.

Back
Top Bottom