• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sports that dont seem like fun after seeing these pics ,

I'm not a nascar fan, but I did the richard Petty experience at AMS once. After 12 laps at an average of 138 mph i couldnt wait to get out of the car, it will wear you out. its very hard to control and its extremely hot.Im in pretty good shape but I cant imagine doing that in the midst of what 40 other cars? at 200+ mph for 3 hours under the stress of knowing yo could get killed any minute. I think that they have to be atheletes to do what they do. The hill billy thing ? Sounds like a yankee a-hole to me. just sayin

X2 for the NASCAR drivers not athletes. Great shape and good at what they do, no doubt, but athlete implies athletic abilities which are used in sports and driving isn't a sport, kind of like online gaming, you have skills, just not athletic skills.

I'm gonna have to disagree with all you anti-nascar people. I work in the racing industry and the drivers train very hard to stay in shape and spend several hours a week in simulators. It's not what it used to be in the 80's. Anyone who says you don't have to be an athlete to be a nascar driver.....try it yourself and see if you have the endurance to complete a race

I'm gonna have to disagree with all you anti-nascar people. I work in the racing industry and the drivers train very hard to stay in shape and spend several hours a week in simulators. It's not what it used to be in the 80's. Anyone who says you don't have to be an athlete to be a nascar driver.....try it yourself and see if you have the endurance to complete a race
If I had the money, believe me I would. But it surely wouldn't be NASCAR. Circles all day lol? F1, rally, Rolex series is FTW!

Car racing is a waste of gas, and probably more boring than watching grass grow---especially nascars. driving in circles=not entertaining. I think people just like to identify with drivers and attempt to gain meaning in their lives by identifying with these people. In the end, you haven't personally gained or lost anything if a certain race car driver wins or loses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom