Springer 1911 trigger

Swampbogger

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I recently bought, or wife and son bought me, a Springer loaded in SS from an ODTer. I love the pistol but the trigger has been changed to a short trigger that im not a big fan of. I want to replace it with a skeletonized trigger, adjustable. Can someone steer me in the right direction as to make and where to pick one up? Im not well educated on triggers and dont know what to get. Looking at some online has only confused me based on the different looks of them. Are they all interchangeable or do you have to order one model specific? Thanks for any and all help.

Swampbogger

Guess I should have added this...Im out of country and want to order one online for when I get home on R&R in jan

No worries man. On the 1911 platform, a trigger is a trigger. Just choose a brand you know and recognize like Ed Brown, Wilson, Nowlin, etc. Most triggers are drop-in units with litle to no fitting required. If you are familiar with disasembling a 1911, it's as easy as just removing the old one and installing the new one. If the new trigger is a little gritty, stone the outside walls of the trigger bow very lightly to remove any high spots.

Get on Midway and look under triggers for 1911's, and the sky is the limit. I personally prefer STI's polymer triggers, they are light and can be adjusted to take up overtravel like any other metal trigger.

I'm a long trigger person myself and it's the first thing I generally have to do when I get another 1911. As long as you're familiar with a detailed strip, it's a simple task. Springers are really easy as they have no firing pin block linkage as a lot of other models do. If you're ever around Hinesville I'd be happy to assist...

Just ordered a Wilson Trigger, Ultralight Match, Long (Standard) Pad . Should be waiting on me when I get home. Time to watch a couple videos so I can do it myself....wish me luck lol

Back
Top Bottom