• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Squirrel Hunt 1/11

Edog537

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
111   0
Reaction score
Slipped away this morning to squirrel hunting and Scout for Turkey season. Took my RAR compact for the hunt. Made the first 2 kills ever with this rifle. Load was 36g Mini Mag HP. The scope is a Weaver 2-7 rimfire classic.
20170111_095042.jpg
20170111_101857.jpg

Nothing having the entire lease to myself.

I love squirrel hunting! There is another club members with squirrel dogs. We have a hunt planned a week from Saturday. I will fill the larder for sure. His dogs are awesome. That will be a shotgun hunt. My next still hunt will be my 10/22. It shoots 40gr CCI SGB .5 MOA at 50 yards. Almost not fair. Just an FYI both squirrels were on the ground in the pines on the edge of a creek bottom.

Yes I will eat them. They are in the freezer. Need a few more. We will have a Wild Beast Feast at the Church in the Spring. I will have squirrel gravy and biscuits.
I too hunt the squirrels for our church's "wild game dinner". Last year I made Squirrel and dumplin's, and a Hmoung soup (I think someone on this site posted that recipe). I think I'm going to do something different this year. I only have 2 right now. I need to put some more in the freezer in order to fulfill my wild game obligation.

Back
Top Bottom