SRT4?

I never had one but what information are you looking for?

Easy to make power but I wouldn't own another high hp FWD car.

my old roommate had one, he liked it well enough. but be warned, they arnt cars old ladies bought to drive to church with, it will probably have been ragged on pretty hard the last 8 years.

I want to get one..a 05 for under 8k

04 05 are the years to get,stay away from 03 as they didn't come with LSD nor the great interior as the 04 05

Miles and abuse is the issue you will get when looking for these.I suggest nothing that has been modded nor a lot of miles.You need something less then 75k miles and bone stock and someone who bought it brand new and is older then 35.Don't buy these that a kid has owned period!!

I never had one but what information are you looking for?

Easy to make power but I wouldn't own another high hp FWD car.
Traction has always been an issue for these and all high hp fwd cars.Want traction AWD for the win and I had a 500hp evo which was by far better then any fwd car I have ever owned.I did have a sti but it was stolen after about 10k miles so didn't have a lot of time with it but did like it though.

ALWAYS get a carfax and if anything pops up stay away,there are to many rebuilt titles on these also.

The trannys suck
they had bad wheel bearings
bad struts
bad motor mounts
bad check engine lights even on stock models and some had to get new ecu to fix this
make sure the timing belt has been changed and upgraded covers and have proof of this
make sure there is NO oil leaks as with turbo cars is a bad thing if starts leaking oil
stock axles are crap
make sure the MILES was never changed as the cluster can be changed out and car will still crank and run and display lower miles.Had this happen to a friend that bought one and we did a carfax and it came up with 145k and had 90k showing

look at the pedals (rubber) if it is worn down and shows metal and cluster reads 75k this is a lie and stay away.The pedal is like tires and if worn that far down that means a lot of driving.

Last edited:
Traction has always been an issue for these and all high hp fwd cars.Want traction AWD for the win and I had a 500hp evo which was by far better then any fwd car I have ever owned.I did have a sti but it was stolen after about 10k miles so didn't have a lot of time with it but did like it though.
No way I have the money for a EVO or STI..I could sell my bike and have around 6k.

Back
Top Bottom