State of the Union...sort of...

kletzenklueffer

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
I'm posting this link for review and comments. I'm curious if 1) any here agree, 2) if it opens any eyes, 3) if anyone here cares.

I say this for one reason. I read most of the threads in this subforum. I don't say this to demean anyone, but many seem clueless about why they're preparing, what they're preparing for. Perhaps to some it's the cool thing to do now, prompted by a TV show, some may be much more concerned about a supervolcano that the government seizure of power.

So please share your thoughts about the general topic.

http://sanjacintocountyoutlaw.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/federal-yankee-and-the-front-porch/

Those of us who have age are quite aware of the 'changes' that have taken place in the last several decades. It's kind of funny when the current man took office, the first homerland scruity threat list had returning military war veterans, tea party people, 2nd amendment supports listed ABOVE Bin Laden's bunch.
Our rights have been whittled and restricted for quite some time. I do have to agree with the author of the article, as there not being a "signal" that the 'party' has begun.

One of the strange things is that our Government has stepped up it's campaign of "be prepared". There are public service commercials running advising everyone to have enough supplies on hand for at least a three day emergency. Not since the 50's and 60's has this type of campaign been ran by the government. Back then it was due to an imminent threat. What is the nationwide imminent threat today?
Couple that with the government buying and storing a huge amount of dehydrated food stuffs and it gets "curioser and curioser".
Note that an executive order was recently updated to give the government authority in an emergency to confiscate YOUR food, weapons, even your property "for common good". It's all out there. Look at Katrina--the police and military were confiscating weapons from normal people who were staying to protect their property.
Folks need to be prepared. If you are prepared it does not matter what scenario pops up--you will be as ready as possible.

Most folks that are the survival board are already watching and paying attention to what is going on around us.

Had you posted this in another area, our resident group of liberals (a bunch of which have moved in here as of late) would be quick to label you a fear monger and point out that Government is our friend, has all the answers and is always right-even when restricting our constitutional freedoms.

I wish more people would prepare. We would all be better off in the long run if that were the case. But we are living in a time where a culture where individual responsibility has all but been exterminated.
"If something happens the government will take care of us--send in the FEMA hot dog and coke trailers and issue everyone an RV to live in."

A couple things come to mind regarding your reply Bill (We met some time back at Cobb Cty Eastmans gunhow- we were mutual friends of Dan, and I've read your stuff since back when Assaultweb was more active).

Regarding the Ex order permitting confiscation of property- I recently read a county code in little ole White county that permits the county to do the same :(from http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=13090)
Sec. 18-40. - Powers during an emergency or disaster.

Upon a manmade or natural disaster, actual enemy attack upon the United States, or any other emergency which may affect the lives and property of the citizens of the county, the chairman of the board of commissioners, jointly with the mayors of the affected cities, or in their absences their legally appointed successors to be named may determine that an emergency or disaster exists and thereafter shall have and may exercise for such period as such emergency or disaster exists or continues, the following powers:

(1)
Enforce all rules, laws and regulations relating to emergency management, and to assume direct operational control over all emergency management resources;

(2)
Seize or take for temporary use, any private property for the protection of the public;(3)
Sell, lend, give, or distribute all or any such property or supplies among the inhabitants of the county and to maintain a strict accounting of property or supplies distributed and for funds received for such property or supplies;

(4)
Perform and exercise such other functions and duties, and take such emergency actions as may be necessary to promote and secure the safety, protection and well-being of the inhabitants of the county.

Secondly, regarding the "in denial" crowd, in the 2012 LDS food storage manual, there is an article pertaining to normalcy bias. Simply put, it's the idea that "it can't happen here, not to me, not in this nation". further- simply put, it IS happening here, to US, in THIS nation.

I say to the doubters- "come on sleepy head, it's time to wakey wakey, the alarm is going off. The house is on fire."

Last edited:
That guy is on somebody's watch list. It's extremely dangerous to talk about the possibility of civil war, and freedom of speech is becoming an obsolete right.

I don't like the way our country is going either, but the political process still works... for now. Eventually the citizens of this country will get fed up with the Washington's overreaching and progressive policies and do something about it. It will take a major event to push them into action. Most of the country has been pacified by the cushy and relatively safe lifestyle we've been provided with. Quiet discontent is easily managed.

Some people are waking up. Ordinary folks are talking about it. They must make a choice between America as defined by the Declaration of Independance, The Constitution and Bill of Rights, or an "Amerika" that is no longer recognizable because it's been overrun by liberals and progressives that have negotiated away our sovereignty. Unfortunately it's difficult to recognize the danger when it's happening on a timeline that spans decades.

when firework shows are put on it takes a lot of preparation by those controlling the show, most behind the scenes with the everyday people left to see only hints at what is to come. Careful slow setup produces the best outcome for those controlling the show and while few watching know what is going on behind the scenes, the majority just watch in wonder and amazement of how such a thing could come to be, captivated and unmovable at what is laid out before them.

That guy is on somebody's watch list. It's extremely dangerous to talk about the possibility of civil war, and freedom of speech is becoming an obsolete right.

Most likely, a high percentage or gun owners, blog writers, forum posters, non-Obama supporters are on a watch list. There is already information on the web about data logging facilities in Utah that scour the internet (latest is that the gov has or is working on a system to read e-mails). Just the fact that you're on a survival thread on this very site could be enough to start tracking you.

I've kept quiet for a while, and I'm past it. I no longer doubt that my (or anyone elses) phone calls are monitored, at least digitally. So if they know you're saying it, posting about it, or reading about it, why should we assume we'll draw less attention by whispering? I'm proud of these bloggers. They're taking quite a risk to say what many of us believe. I don't want to be the guy that's afraid to talk about what happened to my neighbor for fear that the gov't forces might pay me a similar visit.

Does anyone here do any research into the difference between a citizen and a Citizen? Or about The Constitution of the United States and The Constitution for the United States. I ask because I have been looking into these things and it seems that these are why the Gov. is allowed to just take away what we think are our rights. A Citizen of the US is protected under the Constitution for the United States, however a citizen under the Constitution of the United States may not be necessarily. It ties into that the US is a corporation and that we are also corporate entities under contract with the U.S. corporation. Honestly I am not 100% clear on all that I am writing and that's why I ask if anyone else looks into these things. I am still doing research into this but I do think the topic is in line with this thread. The FBI will consider anyone who claims second amendment rights or sovereignty under the Constitution a suspected terrorist. I am sure you all know that though.

Back
Top Bottom