• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status of Bump Stocks

Does the piece of plastic allow the ar15 to operate as a machine gun, or not?
It does not according to the law as written. lt wasn't until one was used in a shooting that caused an emotional reaction to ban them via an executive over reach. That's the problem you're failing to see.

I don’t fail to see anything. I just see it differently than you do, that’s all. But by all means, add more tinfoil to your hats. Looks like I have some more clowns to add to my ignore list...

Never mind the law. You've obviously never shot a MG or a bump stock, or you wouldn't ask that question. Of course now you can't shoot a bump stock so I guess you'll never know...

Shot both. In the end it does allow you to in essence convert semi auto to a full auto as far as results are concerned. People can keep being pedantic and pointing out that, derp, derp, one is multiple rounds per trigger pull, derp, and the other is still one bullet per oil, derp, derp... we know.

The purpose of banning full auto was the rate of fire... nobody cared about how the sear and disconnect worked. It was the rate of fire that was the concern. One is the cause, the other is effect. Just changing the method to get the same result is a clear attempt to circumvent the law.

But whatever, keep whining over spilt milk. It’s not gonna change anything.

Shot both. In the end it does allow you to in essence convert semi auto to a full auto as far as results are concerned. People can keep being pedantic and pointing out that, derp, derp, one is multiple rounds per trigger pull, derp, and the other is still one bullet per oil, derp, derp... we know.

The purpose of banning full auto was the rate of fire... nobody cared about how the sear and disconnect worked. It was the rate of fire that was the concern. One is the cause, the other is effect. Just changing the method to get the same result is a clear attempt to circumvent the law.

But whatever, keep whining over spilt milk. It’s not gonna change anything.

No you've never shot either or you wouldn't ask the question.

And I'm not whining over spit milk. I'm used to the government screwing me on 2A. What I'm "whining" about his fellow gun owners screwing the rest of us. That I'll never understand....

You should add me to ignore also.

Back
Top Bottom