• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steal on a rear tine tiller

Well, I made the handles work. I had to go to the hardware store and buy a metric nut for the big bolt that is supposed to be for adjusting the handle height. Had my wife run it down with an impact wrench, while I twisted the handles. They are locked into the teeth on both sides now, and relatively straight and don't flop around. I may spray some black Rustoleum on the case, and call it good. Appears that the wheels will only roll when the machine is running. Is that correct, or am I missing something in the manual?

It took my daughter and my 90 year old father n law about 30 minutes to put it together and fire it up. The only help I added was standing it on its nose and pulling the iron cage off of it. One bottle of oil included and it needed gear oil. Manual said it shipped full but not so. Looks good, runs good and didn't pay but $179 for it. No complaints but now looking for ideas on what to do with an iron cage.

Both marked down considerably
Bought the Yard Force for $158 shipped free, on Friday.
FEDEX delivered it today, Sunday.

Well, I made the handles work. I had to go to the hardware store and buy a metric nut for the big bolt that is supposed to be for adjusting the handle height. Had my wife run it down with an impact wrench, while I twisted the handles. They are locked into the teeth on both sides now, and relatively straight and don't flop around. I may spray some black Rustoleum on the case, and call it good. Appears that the wheels will only roll when the machine is running. Is that correct, or am I missing something in the manual?
Mine only rolls when cranked as well. I believe that’s the design.

Mine rolls when off but I hear the gear box rolling when I do. Mine is in the neutral gear and stall settings
Hmmm, thought I had it in neautral and stall, but maybe it wasn't quite locked in. Not exactly a smooth transition between selections. I will mess with it more when I go back next weekend. Just thought it was strange that you wouldn't be able to move it if it broke in the field. Dang thing is heavy too.

Back
Top Bottom