• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stopped by Mountain Motorsports Lawrenceville today

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
They have a good deal on '12 R1 if you don't mind they gay bird feather looking paint job. Helmets seem to be priced fairly, in line with what you'd pay to buy from denniskirk.

I went to my dealer of choice beforehand to see what he had in stock, and he was griping about MMS. I don't know if it's just ****ting on a competitor or his statements have any merit, but he said MMS likes to get you in with a low price, and then tack on all sorts of fees before you get out the door.

I was looking at buying a Super Tenere and contacted MMS in Marietta. They had one priced low, as in blowout pricing online, but when it was all said and done, the OTD price was even more than any of their competitors.

I really hate that they bought Freedom out in Kennesaw. I've bought a couple bikes there liked it ok, but MMS bought them out and dropped the Triumph brand from their store, so no more bike buying there for me. They said they were adding Suzuki or one of the other japanese brands to the line up, like that was good news.

if you don't like MMS (some don't) there is another big chain that has bought the old Cycle Nation shops in McDonough and Canton and I think the small v-twin shop in alpharetta (indian dealer). Based out of texas, Freedom powersports or something, i have heard good things about their group. Pretty sure they will add Triumph to their lines hopefully. That **** about jacking the price up when you show up is for the birds. Just tell me what the OTD price is, stop f'ing around.

if you are looking for a Yamaha, hard to beat the folks at Blue Ridge Yamaha. It's a bit of a drive, but if they have it, they won't jerk you around. Honda- Southern Honda in chattanooga is hard to beat. KTM World in Cedartown is the go to KTM dealer in the SE. Suzuki go to Riders Hill in Dahlonega (they also have most of the odd euro brands (Moto guzzi, aprilia, etc). BMW/Ducati/Husqvarna Atlanta is good to go as well. Kawasaki.. well, why would you want to buy a green bike? lol.. probably would send you to the shop in Gainesville (bought my wifes KLX140L there) but i haven't been there in a while.

Anyway plenty of options out there, it's a good time to be buying a bike, there's hardly a bad one out there!

Back
Top Bottom