• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to delete or bypass the EVAP system in a 2012 Yukon Denali with a 6.2

I guess alot of hot rodders are law breakers then. LOL
Yup, although there is an exemption for 'competition only' vehicles, which is how the tuner companies get away with selling stuff. If you look at the fine print they will say it's only for vehicles intended to be driven off-road.

Yep, I am sure they do. We used to do all kinds of stuff when I was a teen/young man while hot rodding.
Speeding is law breaking. lol. There are lots of laws broken everyday.
Ain't arguing... just saying. And when I was a kid I couldn't afford a car with 'smog' on it.

Yup, although there is an exemption for 'competition only' vehicles, which is how the tuner companies get away with selling stuff. If you look at the fine print they will say it's only for vehicles intended to be driven off-road.

Ain't arguing... just saying. And when I was a kid I couldn't afford a car with 'smog' on it.
Ain't that the truth. My first car was a 67 Plymouth Belvedere ll that was in 1983-1984ish. Smog cars were way to expensive.

If you want to help with the pump shutting off without removing the EVAP system a lot of times it's the vent valve ( which is usually somewhere on the charcoal canister ) is stuck shut or is clogged. The computer is responsible for opening or closing that valve when the engine's running so you might want to check that little vent. There are a few more little items that can go wrong with that that causes that pump shut off but mainly it's at vent tube. Or the charcoal canister could be saturated and that would be because of the vent tube not opening as well.

Or just replace this.
My wife's vehicle is a 2012 Yukon Denali with a 6.2. In the last 2yrs I have replaced 2 charcoal cannisters, 2 purge valves (1 just a few days ago) and a vapor solenoid. GMC decided to put a gas tank access panel under the back seat in their smaller vehicles but not their large SUVs like this one so you have to drop the tank (**** GMC). When the charcoal canister fails usually all of the little bits of charcoal half the size of a grain of rice spill out of the canister into the vapor line going up to the engine. They get clogged in the lines blocking the vapor path and you cannot fill you tank without clicking the pump off over and over and over to get a gallon. GMC also decided to remove the easy to get to engine compartment fuel pump relay and fuse from this vehicle and instead install a Fuel System Control Module (FSCM) located up under the rear of this vehicle and behind the spare tire. Most times when you have to drop the tank it's just after you filled it up with 26 gallons so then you have to crawl up under the back of the truck to disconnect the FSCM and bypass it to use the fuel rail and empty the gas tank. Now her vehicle has a P0451 code which is a fuel pressure sensor (also part of EVAP). It also requires dropping the ****ing tank again because the sensor is attached to the fuel pump mounted on the tank. Oh and any time any part of the EVAP system fails the check engine light comes on. GMC engineers can go **** themselves!

Back
Top Bottom