• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Streamlight TLR-1

Remmy83

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
26   0
Reaction score
I've spent untold hours trying to decide which weapons mounted light would be best for my intended application. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to weapons and gear therefore I was initially leaning toward Surefire's X300, but just couldn't bring myself to stop that kind of cash. I've always had good luck with Surefire products, I own a 910a and a scout light and love them both. After reading many positive reviews on the TLR I made my choice and I am very pleased. The TLR seems to be very sturdy with regards to its construction. The only concern I have is in relation to the plastic toggle switch, this appears to be the only weak portion of the entire unit. The TLR comes with multiple rail adapters that allow it to be used on a wide variety of weapons equipped with tactical rails. The spring loaded screw on the side ensures a secure fit to your firearm of choice. So far I've mounted it on a Sig P226, P229, Glock 23, and AR15. All mentioned weapons performed flawlessly with the light attached; even the glock. I live in the country, so when its dark it's dark. All I can say is this thing is bright. When compared side by side to the Surefire Scout Light the diffrence is negligible at best. The TLR is capable of easily identifying potential targets at 100 yards. At 100 yards the flood light covers an area of about 50 yards, at this distance the center beam covers about 20 yards. This blinding white light literally turns night into day. Overall I am very pleased with this unit. If you are in the market for a reliable weapon mounted light for home defense don't overlook this light. I'm glad I didn't blow the extra $200 that the X300 would have cost, besides, I already have a hammer.

Excellent light! Not the 160lumen it advertises, but I have yet to find a light that does not exaggerate a few lumens here and there. For the price, it kills the x300. I outfitted two of my toys with these and can still grab a third for the price of one x300.

+1 for the TLR-1

I've got the TRL1s and TLR2s, both have the strobe function, denoted by the s at the end of the name, which will occur with a quick double tap of the of the lever, or double tapping the pressure tape switch which I have on my TLR2s. Both are very nice, and very bright. The TLR1s is on my 17 while the TLR2s is on my AR at the moment. I honestly don't think you can beat them for the money, I've played with the Surefire X300 and the X400, booth while nice, I do prefer the streamlight weapon light over them because for momentary activation you need to spend another $80 for the lever.

Back
Top Bottom