Stupid rant: why do people in public refuse to mind their own business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
I was at the bank the other day withdrawing a sizeable amount of cash - the teller asked me how I wanted the cash, I said $100's will be fine. The idiot at the next teller over goes, "oh, hundreds? I always get 20's." Well... ****ing good for you. But I don't want to carry around stacks of $20's when I'm taking out thousands of dollars in one shot.

Then today, at the tire store, I was asking the guy the speed rating on a set of all terrains I'm buying. He said well, most of them will be above what your truck is capable of doing blah blah. And I said "because if I'm in a crunch for time on my way to FL, I'll run 110 on I-10 all day long." Then I hear a guy behind me say "I wouldn't say that out loud." I turn around and it's a Lawrenceville cop. So I turned to him and I said "It doesn't matter, it won't be in your jurisdiction anyway." The black dude behind just laughed. The cop didn't like it too much, but **** off and mind your own business.

It's not about being cranky. It's about the tone of the comments. Don't question my decision making - it's just gonna piss me off.

I was an insurance broker for a couple of years, and almost everyone I did business with, I would say "this is a pretty good setup for you. You've got your ducks in a row and you know what you need." The only time I gave "negative" feedback is when I refused to do business with people. I had one guy with a 1.5M dollar house and two Maserati's come to me and try to take out policies on both cars with state minimum liability limits and have a stated value policy on his house that was like 1/3 of the rebuild cost (because he was living above his means and barely staying afloat). I told him "sorry, but I'm not gonna have that on my book of business. You're leaving the door open for too much personal risk, I have a fiduciary duty to advise you of such, and frankly, I don't want to have file an E&O claim if you sue me for writing business that you and I know damn well doesn't come close to the definition of adequately insured."

My point is, I get that people sometimes want to make small talk. But don't bother with it unless it's positive or a reinforcement of their decision making. The last I made "small talk with" was buying a G19 at my LGS. He told me he was worried because it was his first hand gun and it didn't have a manual safety. I told him that I thought his purchase was just fine, and while no manual safety is on the pistol, the gun isn't gonna fire itself. As long as you obey the basic principles of gun safety, I'm sure you'll become very proficient with this pistol and really enjoy the ease with which it operates. The guy smiled and said "well, good." Positive reinforcement, positive comments.

You know, I know this will be wasted cyber space but what the hell.....

The guy at the bank is just weird.

You come on these boards and brag repeatedly about your wreckless driving and how cops aren't worth scraping off the bottom of your shoe, how stupid they are, make no money etc.... Used pretty strong references in what you think should happen to 'them'. Then, in public you are going to announce that you run 110 mph like an idiot and intend to keep doing it and a cop reasonably suggest it's not something you might want to announce to the free world and your smart mouth shifts up a gear. I think it's great you've apparently not got into an accident, yet, with all the antics you claim to participate in on public streets, but I especially think it's great you haven't caused any accidents at all (not that you'd care presumably). But if someone hits my family driving like you profess to and he and I survive the accident, I'll do everything in my power before LEO gets there to insure that person never gets the opportunity to do it again.

Odds are you're going to kill somebody eventually. I know you don't give a crap about it. I just hope you grow up between now and that moment.

You know, I know this will be wasted cyber space but what the hell.....

The guy at the bank is just weird.

You come on these boards and brag repeatedly about your wreckless driving and how cops aren't worth scraping off the bottom of your shoe, how stupid they are, make no money etc.... Used pretty strong references in what you think should happen to 'them'. Then, in public you are going to announce that you run 110 mph like an idiot and intend to keep doing it and a cop reasonably suggest it's not something you might want to announce to the free world and your smart mouth shifts up a gear. I think it's great you've apparently not got into an accident, yet, with all the antics you claim to participate in on public streets, but I especially think it's great you haven't caused any accidents at all (not that you'd care presumably). But if someone hits my family driving like you profess to and he and I survive the accident, I'll do everything in my power before LEO gets there to insure that person never gets the opportunity to do it again.

Odds are you're going to kill somebody eventually. I know you don't give a crap about it. I just hope you grow up between now and that moment.

Seriously Go get a chill pill brother and come back happy. Seeing people do 100+ on a highway drives me nuts. I can only imagine what happens when a tire blows out or a car pulls in front of you and you kill a family of children

As long as you don't ride my ass doing 110 on the hwy then I could give 2 ****s. To those ass hats that like to ride people's asses going 110 on the hwy...I give you this...

CAM00130.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom