Suppressor help!!!

big hoge

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
thinking of buying a suppressor for my 300 win mag tomorrow. What is the best one for accuracy? I will probably want to run it on my 6.5 and other guns also. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The SilencerCo Hybrid 46 would handle your needs. While I haven't shot mine on a 300 Win Mag, I have shot 9mm, 38SP, 357MAG, 44SP, 44MAG, 45ACP, 7.62X39, and 45-70 through it with no issues. It's rated up to 338 LM with 18"+ barrels.

Depends what you want this can to do. Thunderbeast makes some of the lightest and quietest cans on the market but that comes at the expense of more backpressure and build materials that aren't the best on short barrels or for mag dumps. Conversely you can get a heavy use can like a dead air sandman or silencerco omega buy they won't be the quietest or lightest.

In short, I'm telling you to prepare your wallet because you won't stop at 1. Good luck

The SilencerCo Hybrid 46 would handle your needs. While I haven't shot mine on a 300 Win Mag, I have shot 9mm, 38SP, 357MAG, 44SP, 44MAG, 45ACP, 7.62X39, and 45-70 through it with no issues. It's rated up to 338 LM with 18"+ barrels.

I have this and agree 100000000%

thinking of buying a suppressor for my 300 win mag tomorrow. What is the best one for accuracy? I will probably want to run it on my 6.5 and other guns also. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best for accuracy is a tough question, a lot of reviews mention POI shift when installing and removing the suppressor but I've never had a huge problem with this on my cans. I normally Zero with the can on and then depending on the mount, it's easy to remount the silencer in the same position, not effecting my zero or shifting it very little. Precision long range shooting is something I know nothing about though.

I'd buy a YHM Resonator for all your 30 cal/ 556 stuff, then a dead air mask or CGS Hydra for your 22 stuff, and a Silencerco Octane 9/45(can be had cheap) or CGS Mod 9/Nautilus for your pistol stuff. That's what I'd do for the money for what cans cost and how they sound. One size fits all cans are not my favorite.

Best for accuracy is a tough question, a lot of reviews mention POI shift when installing and removing the suppressor but I've never had a huge problem with this on my cans. I normally Zero with the can on and then depending on the mount, it's easy to remount the silencer in the same position, not effecting my zero or shifting it very little. Precision long range shooting is something I know nothing about though.

I'd buy a YHM Resonator for all your 30 cal/ 556 stuff, then a dead air mask or CGS Hydra for your 22 stuff, and a Silencerco Octane 9/45(can be had cheap) or CGS Mod 9/Nautilus for your pistol stuff. That's what I'd do for the money for what cans cost and how they sound. One size fits all cans are not my favorite.
makes sense, i do like the dead air stuff. i have been looking at the thunder beast too.

Loaded question. Not a straight answer. POI shift is a thing. One needs to expect it anytime you are putting a metal thing onto the end of your barrel. What matters is whether or not the shift is consistent. Most quality cans and modern mounting systems today offer excellent repeatability.

Like twitch said, more details on what you are looking to use it for and expectations will help narrow down your search.

I'd throw out the Tbac Magnus for long range work on a bolt gun. Wouldn't be great on an AR though.

The 4 main guns are a rem 700 300 win. A tikka t3 ctx 6.5 and the ar is a .224 coyote rig. All 3 will have the van mounted on them when shot. Thanks for all the help guys!

The 4 main guns are a rem 700 300 win. A tikka t3 ctx 6.5 and the ar is a .224 coyote rig. All 3 will have the van mounted on them when shot. Thanks for all the help guys!
Thunderbeast ultra 9 or 7. Will make the AR a gassy girl but you can tune that somewhat. Or get the thunderbeast magnus if you want absolute top tier suppression.

Back
Top Bottom