Suppressor Question

I know there are laws that will never make any sence, And there will be more laws to come. I am not one who will knownly brake any federal law because I have fought to hard to get where I am from restarting from nothing twice just to have something I may not really need. So please dont think I was looking to see if I was able to find some sort of loophole in the system that could I could benifit from. If I choose to get a puppressor, I will go about it the right way. The last thing I need is it give the feds some reason to go snooping into my past to find something. I just started this thread because I like to see what others opinions are and to bring up issues that I think people should be fighting against.

No worries, it was a legit question. In the end if you want to own a can LEGALLY you have to follow the proper steps and pay the 200 bones

Exactly. and the SCOTUS already has two cases on the books that say the feds can still regulate things like that. NOT saying I agree with it, but that is what is on the books.

feds overrule (read "defy") state laws daily in states where marijuana is legal and arrest legal shop owners on federal charges, even though the state says they are operating legally and issue licenses for the business.

even though "power to regulate trade within the state" is expressed as powers reserved to the state, the fed uses the shared power of criminal justice to overrule explicit state powers.
scotus backs this stance (imho) since regulating the federal power would also regulate their authority over state courts.

I am not a proponent or opponent to legal marijuana sales...just a prime example of how the federal government ignores the separation of power when it comes to things that the state should have domain over...which is why the state laws allowing nfa restricted items to be freely manufactured and sold within state borders will never work.
even with a court ruling that the state holds authority on these, the fed could push it by using any material, equipment, labor, transport of materials, etc that would fall under interstate trade laws. there would have to be people who make machines made from metal mined in the state with equipment from within the state, that makes the materials that are used to make the items. damn hard to get all components without getting them from out of state or out of country.

Back
Top Bottom