Surplus Beretta 85BB

PazAttack86

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
Picked up a surplus 85BB from Atlantic Firearms. Just got it in the shop. Super stoked with it, wanted a smaller carry gun that is still a decent shooter but wanted to pay less than 400 bucks. Had always wanted one of these so boom. already got a Desantis Sof-tuck for it and will throw it in the waistband when im working from my desk at the gunshop. Paid for Very good condition and it is. Guardia Finanziera gun.

Attachments

• Beretta 85BB.jpg
    Beretta 85BB.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 51
Picked up a surplus 85BB from Atlantic Firearms. Just got it in the shop. Super stoked with it, wanted a smaller carry gun that is still a decent shooter but wanted to pay less than 400 bucks. Had always wanted one of these so boom. already got a Desantis Sof-tuck for it and will throw it in the waistband when im working from my desk at the gunshop. Paid for Very good condition and it is. Guardia Finanziera gun.
An exceptional gun, IMO. I collect Berettas (at least before they totally changed to whatever they call them now). I really love my Beretta 85FS. Along with the 81BB, 84FS, two 87s, two 92 variants, 3032, and 21A. I'm still looking (longing) to get hold of that Beretta Unicorn - the Model 86.

1680029673720.jpeg

I have a beretta 71 with threaded barrel. Looks to be one that had the longer barrel, then removed then you buy the adapter for the weird thread pattern. When I bought the adapter that’s when I realized it was already threaded 1/2x28. I found that odd. Neat find paid less then I thought I would

I have a beretta 71 with threaded barrel. Looks to be one that had the longer barrel, then removed then you buy the adapter for the weird thread pattern. When I bought the adapter that’s when I realized it was already threaded 1/2x28. I found that odd. Neat find paid less then I thought I would
Very good video about the Model 71 and it's use by the Mossad against terrorists in the early 70s on YouTube. I believe it was by 9 Hole Reviews.

I want one! But have no stock in .380 ACP.
The new model looks great too.

With upgrades to manufacturing, would be cool if Beretta were able to fit 9mm in the Cheetah/85 platform at some point into the future.

my old man carries a .380 for slim discreet applications so stole a box of silvertips from him lol. Man I would love a threaded 87 but those are even harder to find. There are still some of the surplus 71's available for like double to triple what they were originally coming in for. 9 Hole Reviews is the channel. they have awesome content.

my old man carries a .380 for slim discreet applications so stole a box of silvertips from him lol. Man I would love a threaded 87 but those are even harder to find. There are still some of the surplus 71's available for like double to triple what they were originally coming in for. 9 Hole Reviews is the channel. they have awesome content.
yep, 87s are scarce. One of mine I got from Pannels Firearms in Woodstock.... Almost brand new with box, docs and locks for $595 back in 2011. I bought an extra Beretta barrel and slide from Brownells back when they sold them and I had the barrel machined with an insert and threaded by Tornado Technologies - they did a beautiful job. My other 87 I found more recently in BNIB was several hundred more.

Back
Top Bottom