surplus oilers with oil

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
i ordered a few oilers to display, a Chinese type 53 mosin oiler and a m39 Finnish oiler.

as i opened the box i noticed the type 53 oiler seems heavy and shook it to find it still had oil as verified by me pouring some out and each side was half full of oil. their source overseas never thought to empty the oil out first i got some 60's or prior(the type56 made the type53 obsolete fast) Chinese oil now that's as pure as when it was put in

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I wish Waffenfett wasn't so hard to find!
maybe some cleaning kits form k31s still have it in them, or try to find the formula and make it.

i wouldn't mind making cosmoline just to have it sitting around to smell on occasion (i caught myself sniffing the rag used to remove the thick cosmo off of a m39...... mmmm smells like history)

Last edited:
maybe some cleaning kits form k31s still have it in them, or try to find the formula and make it.

i wouldn't mind making cosmoline just to have it sitting around to smell on occasion (i caught myself sniffing the rag used to remove the thick cosmo off of a m39...... mmmm smells like history)

They are available for 34 bucks with one tube and it's half empty.

No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom