• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tag Cloud Question

Studiogene

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
126   0
Reaction score
I've created several ads recently and always included items in the tag cloud. I'm not seeing the tags in my ads after they are posted, nor am I able to go in and edit the tag cloud once my ad is complete.
Am I missing something or have a reached a new level of stupidity??

Seriously? What kind of abuse? That's a really critical function

Certain members were tagging items with wildly inappropriate tags in an effort to circumvent posting negative comments in their ads.

To be honest, I'm not sure how critical a function they were as most of us weren't even aware of them until the abuse started.

I found them extremely valuable. I have an advertising/marketing background, and using the tag cloud to draw more attention to my ads was very similar to adding key words to a web site to increase the odds potential customers would land on your home page. For example, let's say i was advertising a Ruger SR22 on Outdoor Trader. The tag cloud allowed my to include other similar guns people might be considering like a Walther P22. Regardless of which gun they searched for my ad would come up because of the information embedded in the tag cloud.

I have no idea of people were using it to circumvent posting negative comments, but like all good things it just takes a few knuckleheads to screw it up for everyone else. I hope you can find a way to restore the tag features for those of us who find them to be a very valuable tool on ODT.

Back
Top Bottom