• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tapco AK-47 magazine experiences

georgeib

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
51   0
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just like the title says, I'd like to hear what your experiences have been with the Tapco AK 47 mags, and on what weapon.

I've got 2 twenty rounders and 3 thirty rounders and have yet to experience a malfunction on my Robarms VEPR K. I'm wondering if these mags are worth betting your life on in a life or death situation, or if I should load up on some US Palm mags.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Just like the title says, I'd like to hear what your experiences have been with the Tapco AK 47 mags, and on what weapon.

I've got 2 twenty rounders and 3 thirty rounders and have yet to experience a malfunction on my Robarms VEPR K. I'm wondering if these mags are worth betting your life on in a life or death situation, or if I should load up on some US Palm mags.

Thanks.

If you are talking "bet your life" I'd advise getting steel surplus mags. TAPCO mags work great and I think they are great range mags but one of the gun publications did a series of "drop tests" and the aftermarket mags, including the tapco broke apart and failed miserably. I don't know about the US Palm mags as I dont believe they were included in the testing; but still: I have not seen an aftermarket mag yet that was as reliable as a the surplus military steel mags.
Original steel surplus mags are plentiful and not expensive.

Thanks for the reply Bill. Looks like I'm gonna have to break down and get some steel mags. I've had such good experiences with AR polymer mags, that I figured the AK would be the same thing.

us palms is the way to go if your looking for a polymer mag for an ak..... closest thing to magpul quality i have dealt with, will hold hold just as well as steel mag if not better in my experience

My Tapco mags are tight in my Draco but fine in others, I just don't like them and prefer surplus steel that have been tested by ME.

Back
Top Bottom