• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tapco mags for Ruger Mini-14

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Anyone used them? Specifically the Tapco Intrafuse 30rd mags. Worth a dang?

My brother bought a Mini-14 that I told him not to buy. At least he got a good deal on it. I told him head take every penny he saved and have to use them, and more, to buy decent mags.

Semper Fi!

It's been a long time but I went through the whole Mini 14 drama back in the 1990's. Had three at one time.

I looked and looked and tried EVERY SINGLE aftermarket mag available for the Mini 14 at that time. ALL of them failed to feed reliably in ALL of my Mini 14's.

I also NEVER had ANY failures in ANY of my Mini's with FACTORY RUGER mags.

I know this doesn't help. FWIW, I no longer own any Mini 14's. I'm an AR guy now. :cool:

Reactions: MRH
It's been a long time but I went through the whole Mini 14 drama back in the 1990's. Had three at one time.

I looked and looked and tried EVERY SINGLE aftermarket mag available for the Mini 14 at that time. ALL of them failed to feed reliably in ALL of my Mini 14's.

I know this doesn't help. FWIW, I no longer own any Mini 14's. I'm an AR guy now. :cool:

Thanks. I'm familiar with all the aftermarket mags up to a few years back being junk, but didn't even realize Tapco made a mag until now.

I don't think Tapco makes good mags for ANY gun.
The ones I have used in the SKS actually work really well. I picked up an sks on here really cheap that that stock had been spray painted and cut so it was way beyond repair. I threw a tapco stock on it and used their mags and that thing runs like a sewing machine. Their ar mag's that I have are junk, I bought them before I knew better.

The ones I have used in the SKS actually work really well. I picked up an sks on here really cheap that that stock had been spray painted and cut so it was way beyond repair. I threw a tapco stock on it and used their mags and that thing runs like a sewing machine. Their ar mag's that I have are junk, I bought them before I knew better.

That speaks volumes to me. In my experience, these days, you've gotta work pretty hard to find truly crappy AR mags.

That speaks volumes to me. In my experience, these days, you've gotta work pretty hard to find truly crappy AR mags.
They may have improved quality by now because it was 8 years ago that I bought their non feeding mags. But with so many other proven good sources out there for ar mags I don't even see a need to risk buying theirs again. You know what they say, you only get 1 chance to make a first impression. They failed.

This has been my experience exactly, except with factory Ruger mags. The factory mags are the only ones that ever worked for me. I've owned 3 mini 14's.

I will add that I never tried Tapco mags in a mini 14, but their AK mags work very well for me.

I have a couple Tapco AK mags that worked perfectly in my old AK and both my SIG rifles, that's why I was thinking of trying them in his Mini-14.

Back
Top Bottom