• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taurus spectrum = sucks ass

That excuse has already been taken by Kahr............find your own.......
You obviously didn't read my sarcastic comment. I said that you need to go through 200 "jams", not normal rounds, to properly break it in. Don't get your panties in a wad, I was just funnin' about this one.........

You obviously didn't read my sarcastic comment. I said that you need to go through 200 "jams", not normal rounds, to properly break it in. Don't get your panties in a wad, I was just funnin' about this one.........

No panties to be wadded, free balling here. Sarcasm, meet sarcasm.

We have one for rent on our range, and haven't had any reported problems I am aware of. No parts breakages either. Has had several thousand rounds downrange .
Ladies love it as it seems a bit easier to chamber than a 42, LCP, etc.
Everyone seems to like the recoil and ergos of the Spectrum, and the trigger on the 42.

I would venture to guess yours is a lemon. Last I checked Taurus CS is roughly 8 week turnaround, but they have always treated us right, even our rental guns (which most companies will not do).

Hope you get it sorted!

Three quick points:

1-- Many semi-autos need a break-in period. My KelTec P3AT did, about 200 rounds of range ammo along with two evenings of dry-fire (with snap caps) and manual slide-cycling at home.

My brothers Kahr CW380 (Cost $365, too. Not a "cheap" gun) also had a lot of malfunctions even with round-nosed FMJ ammo, and NOT Fiocci, NOT Perfecta, and NOT any steel-cased stuff. We only used the ammo that other Kahr .380 shooters said worked well for them, and it eventually DID, but not until about 200 rounds were used up in 3 different range trips.

2-- "Limp Wristing" is a real thing with small but heavy-recoiling pistols. If you allow that frame to come back even a couple of millimeters, and the slide doesn't have enough velocity (due to stiff springs) to reach its full range of motion rearward because it has to try to catch up with and overtake the moving frame, you can have failures to eject and failures to feed.
You an overcome this problem with practice, using a firm grip. Also, a 2-handed hold is better than using the dominant hand only.

3-- Older people forget stuff. (Which explains why THIS is my third point. I'm sure I had a different point in mind as I started typing this post...)

Back
Top Bottom