TechnoHunt Contest - Prize: BowTech Destroyer 340

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingfrog509

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
Nothing special here
161   1
Reaction score
All of you bow hunters, TimberGhost in Calhoun is having an eight week techno hunt contest. There will be one winner each week. (can go in any time during that week and shoot) The winners from each of the eight weeks then have a final round to see who wins a BowTech Destroyer 340. Entry fee is $25.

If you've never shot Techno Hunt, it is worth it just to do that!

This week started the first week
Week 1 May 09-14
Week 2 May 16-21
Week 3 May 23-28
Week 4 May 30-June 4
Week 5 June 06-11
Week 6 June 13-18
Week 7 June 20-25
Week 8 June 27-July 2

Righ now finals are slated for July 5th - 9th.

Directions: (click on the google link and add in your address on the left)
http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQngIwAA

TimberGhost
380 Richardson Road Southeast, Calhoun, GA 30701-3617
(706) 629-3423 &#8206;

Just a bump for the folks who are just getting home. Really hope to see some of you guys there. BTW: I have no business interest in TimberGhost, just good fun.

This has been fun so far. No one has shot all vitals or better yet. Guess the temptation to get the "bullseye" heart shot is to strong and instead get a body shot. Humm just like in the woods.

What exactly is a technohunt??? I get that it is a simulator but what exactly do you do? How does it score shots and 30 scenes mean you get to take 30 shots?

Last edited:
I have been remiss, sorry xGAxBlueChip...

TechnoHunt in a nutshell is a 20 yard long darkened area wide enough for three people to shoot together. At the far end is a fancy projection screen that is hooked up to a projector hooked up to a computer that selects scenes video taped in the woods of animals. The animals are shot as if you were in the woods except that you use special "flat" arrow tips. Sensors invisibly make a grid across the screen and pick up where you shot on the animal on the screen, then the software that displays on the screen where your arrow hit so you can get visual feedback. Now the cool part is that every frame of the video shown as the scene has a mapping of where the animal was on the screen, where the animals vitals are, where the bullseye (heart shot), and where the body is. It compares where you hit and scores you 0 points for a miss, 5 points for a "body shot", 8 points for "vitals" and 10 points for "bullseye" (heart shot). It also will give you 0 points for an unethical shot or something that would end up in an injured animal that wouldn't bleed out typically. (lets say a head shot on a lion or a leg shot on a deer) It is VERY VERY accurate and takes into account the angle of the animal on the screen. It is awesome simulated training. It is all the training my son and daughter had before going into the woods for the first time and niether of them have made a shot where the animal didn't die quickly because they knew when to let an animal walk. That has to be hard for a 12 year old since I know it is hard for me. Then again maybe not because they figured another one would come soon like Techno Hunt? (never asked them)

With all of that said...the contest is still going on so this is a bump too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom