Texas lawmaker seeks to remove concealed carry limits in public buildings

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
http://www.guns.com/2015/01/08/texas-lawmaker-seeks-to-remove-concealed-carry-limits-in-public-buildings/

What????? There will be shootouts at the DMV, blood in the waiting areas, cats and dogs will start living together...... Oh the humanity......

The measure would not only prohibit many state and local public buildings from barring lawful concealed carry, it would strip sovereign immunity from governmental bodies and officials who pursued such policies and allow them to be sued by gun owners for damages.

“We need to fortify our Second Amendment rights any time we can,” state Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels), the bill’s sponsor, told WOAI Radio. “I think that means allowing law abiding, licensed gun owners to lawfully carry their weapons in more places.”

Campbell’s legislation, S.B. 273, was filed Jan. 2. It would forbid a state or local agency or subdivision from posting signs restricting carry of concealed handguns by lawful permit holders. Those found in violation would face a fine of a minimum of $1,000 for the first incident and as much as $10,500 for subsequent violations. Likewise, government officials and agencies can be found liable for civil damages as well.

In 2013, Kansas passed a broadly similar measure that allows CCW permit holders to carry concealed firearms into most government buildings which was later clarified to include some polling places.

There was another state that did it too..... Now which one..... :becky:

I know one bite at the time. Maybe next they will start doing away with "licensing" all together. Still a good step in the right direction for Texas.

5 states actually comprehend the purpose and intent of our second amendment. If not barred from possession you have your gun rights, no permit and no fee for exercising a "right".

5 states actually comprehend the purpose and intent of our second amendment. If not barred from possession you have your gun rights, no permit and no fee for exercising a "right".
Yep, but with so many gun owners not only willing but in some cases SUPPORTIVE of a permission slip from the government I don't see that number growing much if at all. :(

Yep, but with so many gun owners not only willing but in some cases SUPPORTIVE of a permission slip from the government I don't see that number growing much if at all. :(

Right up until the point the people understand just what is a "right". When the people realize that a right does not mean you pay a fee, you do not ask permission, nor do you have to have training or take a test in order to exercise a "right" then a right will exist.

No matter what a government interprets it to be.

Back
Top Bottom