Thank (name of your preferred deity here) for those folks that block responses to their ads…

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
Has saved me a lot of money over the years. I mean, I’ll see something I really like, impulse is to immediately respond with an ‘I’ll take it’. Then by the time I decide to PM the seller, the urge has passed.
Just happened on a gun I have no use for, but was within easy driving range. Wanted one since I was a 12 yr old. Saw the ad, went to respond, whew, dodged a bullet again. Not open for responses.
So, a heartfelt thank you to those folks.

I would think some people block responses to avoid ridicule for their crappy pricing or demands. But I also think its because when making the ad the block response option is already pre-selected and they forget to un-click it. That option needs to be changed so it's not pre-selected.
No!!!
I have poor impulse control!

I would think some people block responses to avoid ridicule for their crappy pricing or demands. But I also think its because when making the ad the block response option is already pre-selected and they forget to un-click it. That option needs to be changed so it's not pre-selected.
I don't block responses, but I DO reserve the right to delete the damned thing if I don't like the tone, tenor or whatever nonsense that may come up. :0)

Of all the rants we've had on the ODT, this is truly the gayest. Gayer than aids.
images_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom