Thanks odt

Complicated situation somewhat. My buddy has something I'm dying to have. It's a pistol. He flied his form 1 and is waiting on his approval/stamp to make it into a sbr. He did not use a trust. Can he sell said pistol to me and contact the atf and cancel it prior to being approved? He is fine just eating the $200 he paid uncle sam. Can he sell to me and I take immediate possession of the pistol? If so what steps does he or I need to take to get it off the registry even though not yet approved?
Yes, I believe so, but there's others with far more experience..... they'll be along shortly

I think he can just cancel it and get his $200 back. After its approved you just have to send in a letter saying the item is no longer an SBR, send a copy of your stamp so he should be able to sell you the pistol right now. What kind of gun is it?

I think he can just cancel it and get his $200 back. After its approved you just have to send in a letter saying the item is no longer an SBR, send a copy of your stamp so he should be able to sell you the pistol right now. What kind of gun is it?
Zenith mp5 clone. He filed in July and the check has long ago been cashed

If the device is yet to be approved, he can cancel it and get his money back.

Even if it's been approved, but has yet to be "built", he could still get the money back.

The only way he doesn't get the money back is if he a) admits the item was built and has it removed from the registry to sell as a pistol or b) he sells it as the SBR on a form 4

Back
Top Bottom