That Darn "C"(cancer) word and My Turn

Petro_58

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
Well it's a man thing and we don't usually talk about this stuff. But here goes, right around my birthday in January had some swelling all the sudden in the Scrotum area, Very Painful, if you've ever had a Kidney Stone real close to that kind of Pain. Enough Pain that I was close to telling the wife I needed to go to the E-room. I like a lot of Men "Suck it Up" because we're "MEN". Usually I have to be Dragged to the Dr., but Kidney stone pain changes your mind real quick, I found that out last year. Anyway I knew the wife was scheduled for a Dr. Appt in another 8 days so I figured I could "Tough it out", or just see if it would clear up it's own. So sure enough about 6 days and swelling was down and pain was gone, things kinda felt Ok. So at the wife's Dr. (our PcP) appt I mentioned it to him anyway. He knows I have hernia on both sides from years of heavy work (but have never had an issue with them) and I told him what had gone on and asked him If maybe it was Hernia related, but I've Never had any Issues withe the Hernias, so I don't know what Hernia issues would be. He said "Doubt it" he'd feel better if I'd go see the Urologist. So made the appts yadda yadda. Test's, Juggling the Jewels, Dr. don't like what he thinks he feel's, so another appt. and an Ultrasound, and Nurse says "Ummm maybe I better go get the Dr. and let him Look at this in real time", well that's Not what ya want hear. Dr. comes in looks asks her for more views, she finishes. I go see the Dr. so here's where I'm at, Probably Testicular Cancer right side. The only way to verify is Surgery, scheduled for March 7th. They'll go in pull the testicle out do a Biopsy if it's Cancer they'll remove the Testicle completely. The Biggest Threat is SPREADING the Cancer cells during the operation. I'm 58 and sure as heck aren't planning on any more kids, and the Dr said not that big a deal anyway. He said, "main thing was I said something when I did and didn't put it off because things were kinda back to normal".
So, sorry to be so long winded, but Guy's learn from this If you suspect something wrong don't be a "MAN" and put off getting Checked Out. I started reading stuff online about Testicular Cancer, That was a Mistake all that does is Increase the worrying, so I stopped that. Now my main thing is to try and quit "Worrying" until Surgery, and if it's Bad then "Hope and Pray" they get it all and Don't Spread it!!

Good luck Sir and thanks for sharing........it could save the lives of some of us crusty ole men. Hope all goes well and prayers your way.

Well it's a man thing and we don't usually talk about this stuff. But here goes, right around my birthday in January had some swelling all the sudden in the Scrotum area, Very Painful, if you've ever had a Kidney Stone real close to that kind of Pain. Enough Pain that I was close to telling the wife I needed to go to the E-room. I like a lot of Men Suck it Up because we're MEN. Usually I have to be Dragged to the Dr., but Kidney stone pain changes your mind real quick, I found that out last year. Anyway I knew the wife was scheduled for a Dr. Appt in another 8 days so I figured I could Tough it out, or just see if it would clear up it's own. So sure enough about 6 days and swelling was down and pain was gone, things kinda felt Ok. So at the wife's Dr. (our PcP) appt I mentioned it to him anyway. He knows I have hernia on both sides from years of heavy work (but have never had an issue with them) and I told him what had gone on and asked him If maybe it was Hernia related but I've Never had any Issues withe the Hernias so I don't know what Hernia issues would be. He said "Doubt it" he'd feel better if I'd go see the Urologist. So made the appts yadda yadda. Test's, Juggling the Jewels, Dr. don't like what he thinks he feel's, so another appt. and an Ultrasound, and Nurse says "Ummm maybe I better go get the Dr. and let him Look at this in real time", well that's Not what ya want hear. Dr. comes in looks asks her for more views, she finishes. I go see the Dr. so here's where I'm at, Probably Testicular Cancer right side. The only way to verify is Surgery, scheduled for March 7th. They'll go in pull the testicle out do a Biopsy if it's Cancer they'll remove the Testicle completely. The Biggest Threat is SPREADING the Cancer cells during the operation. I'm 58 and sure as heck aren't planning on any more kids, and the Dr said not that big a deal anyway. He said, "main thing was I said something when I did and didn't put it off because things were kinda back to normal".
So, sorry to be so long winded, but Guy's learn from this If you suspect something wrong don't be a "MAN" and put off getting Checked Out. I started reading stuff online about Testicular Cancer, That was a Mistake all that does is Increase the worrying, so I stopped that. Now my main thing is to try and quit "Worrying" until Surgery, and if it's Bad then "Hope and Pray" they get it all and Don't Spread it!!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom