The AR Build*UPDATE*

If you turn that cheek rest around you’ll have more clearance for your charging handle and your cheek won’t notice the difference.

I had set it on the other way at first thinking that is how it should go but it was hanging off the back a good bit. It says you will not be able to charge it with the stock collapsed. I may take it off and look at it again though.

Does this look crushed.
8f812a9ae530f24b9c07bff02426b043.jpg

Tighten it snugly, then rotate it more to "time" it to get the gas ports properly positioned. Crushing simply means the metal deforms to put pressure between the brake/FH and the barrel. You will not really see the crush but the metal fatigue (much like spring tension) effectively adds additional torque/tension to keep the brake/FH in position.

Tighten it snugly, then rotate it more to "time" it to get the gas ports properly positioned. Crushing simply means the metal deforms to put pressure between the brake/FH and the barrel. You will not really see the crush but the metal fatigue (much like spring tension) effectively adds additional torque/tension to keep the brake/FH in position.

Thanks, for some reason, even after reading and researching it I was thinking it needed “crushing”. I did what you mentioned. Appreciate it.

Ok, shot it for the first time yesterday and I love it. Impressed is an understatement. This barrel is just awesome. The minimal point of impact between the 55gr and the 70gr is very small so being able to shoot both without having to adjust my scope is great. You would have to see it to believe it.

I will be getting a 4x16 power scope for this and my shooting was mainly function. I am well pleased with how my first build went.
9a5397efec03537dd341f2e19130fca7.jpg
e1935fa5f69d3f02894baaacb20cda30.jpg

As I sit back and give it my professional critique I can see one major problem with your build. YOU ARE NOT BEHIND IT AND SHOOTING IT! The rest looks simply delightful. That will be all.

All kidding behind me now everything should be good to go. You would think it takes a lot of torque to seat the barrel but that is simply not the case. You should be good to go. As far as the crush washer goes you want a little pressure to keep the pressure on the suppressor. If you can't enough they sell shims to install behind the washer so you can get enough pressure to keep the suppressor in place. I think I might have a few I'm not sure. I know I have barrel nut shims and shims for 3/4x24 thread diameter but I will have to check to see if I still have 5/8x28 ones left. If not you can get them for a little of nothing. Just good insurance.http://outfittersworld.com/yhm-barrel-shim-set-5-8-inside-diameter-complete-set-steel/

Back
Top Bottom